Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Oh, where has all the inspiration gone?

Did you ever have one of those days? You know the kind, where nothing pops into your head to write about. You read other people's blogs hoping for inspiration, but nothing seems interesting enough for you to put words to computer screen.

This has been such a blah week so far. I guess it's the big let-down following Thanksgiving. There was so much preparation and cooking, then the exhaustion, and finally a doozy of a cold. This is the second cold I have suffered through in a little over a month and I'm getting darned sick of being sick.


On top of all that, the weather has turned nasty. Every day it has been either raining, overcast, windy, or getting colder by the hour. I looked at the five-day forecast this morning and snow is predicted for Thursday. I'm sure it will only be a small amount, and probably won't stick to the ground, but the first snow of the season is always a bummer for me. You know how much I hate snow. In fact, that's why I moved down from Chicago -- to get away from all that snow and ice.

Husband and I have joined a wellness center (health club) to get ourselves back in shape. Husband was able to go today to work out, but it will be several more days before I have the stamina to start exercising. Hopefully, by working out at the club, we will be able to tone up those gluts and abs, get rid of that stubborn belly fat, lose weight and gain muscle, lower our BMI, become pretty again, defy gravity, and not need any plastic surgery in the near future. (Now if I could only walk, I would be in good shape.)

I am looking forward to feeling better within the next couple of days. I'm tired of being in the house and sneezing, sniffing, snuffling, coughing, wheezing, and blowing my nose. I'm also tired of the cough medicine, lozenges, throat spray, Tylenol, Zicam, humidifiers, and lemon tea. Tomorrow I'm making a pot of Jewish penicillin (that's homemade chicken soup to all you non-medical people out there). That should clear up my head, nose, throat, and lungs. At least that was always my mother's remedy. Now, if she was only here to serve it to me . . . and make me feel all better!

2 Comments:

At November 30, 2005 1:53 AM, Blogger Alipurr said...

Happy Birthday, Grandma. I miss you and love you.

Mom, I am very sorry you have been sick, and am glad you are feeling better. You know if I were there, I would make the soup and feed it to you. Then again, you'd have some help from Dancer Girl and Little Sister Girl..."I Do It!!!"

 
At November 30, 2005 6:28 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

I know what you mean about gone inspiration, guess it is the after-Thanksgiving blahs. A friend of mine commented on my blog after I had only been blogging for a couple of weeks, that I would surely run out of things to say at some point, and that sticks in my mind when I am at a loss for words. Is this the day? Is this the end of blogging? Then I go outside or for a drive, and get rejuvenated.

Hope you feel better soon. Love your stories!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home