Thursday, December 01, 2005

Getting into the spirit of Christmas, or HoHum

Today is December 1. I looked at the calendar this morning and suddenly realized that there are only three weeks, or 22 shopping days, until Christmas Eve. I also realized I am not ready to have company over for my favorite holiday.

So, I am making a list and checking it twice -- not to see if I've been naughty or nice, but to see what I have to do to get into the spirit of the season. I started off by watching A Christmas Story last night. Husband had already gone to bed and I decided to watch it by myself. It wasn't as much fun watching it by myself, but it was still very cute.

Here's my list of things I should be doing to get ready for Christmas:

1. Writing our Christmas newsletter
2. Mailing our Christmas newsletter
3. Buying last-minute presents
4. Wrapping all the presents
5. Cleaning the house
6. Decorating the house
7. Putting up the tree
8. Inviting people/family to come to the house for Christmas
9. Planning the Christmas dinner
10. Buying the food for Christmas dinner
11. Getting into the spirit of Christmas

Why aren't I doing any of these things? Because I'm still sick with this lousy cold. I was planning to actually put on regular street clothes today and go to the health club to exercise. But when I woke up, I was still coughing, sneezing, snuffling, congested, and felt I was still contagious. I certainly didn't want to ruin someone else's Christmas, so I stayed home instead. (So much for Jewish penicillin!)

I hope I am better by next week. I have planned a Christmas party for December 7th for a group we belong to and I figure I should be there as husband and I are hosting the party.

I also have been avoiding other chores, like taking my van back to the shop because after they fixed it the last time, now the heater doesn't work. Grrrrr.

Now that I feel like The Grinch That Stole Christmas, how are your plans for the holiday coming along?

2 Comments:

At December 02, 2005 12:46 AM, Blogger tomlaureld@yahoo.com said...

Social pressure
I came from a family that put their Christmas tree up a week before Christmas and took it down January the 2nd and today in this day and age that we are to feel like grumpy old farts if we wait to follow that tradition.
Social pressure

 
At December 02, 2005 6:20 AM, Blogger Alipurr said...

Sorry you are feeling so crummy. Hubby is feelling really crummy, too, but I know that does not make you feel any better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home