Friday, December 02, 2005

I'm human again

It's a miracle. I woke up this morning, rather late I might add, and I suddenly felt like Rosemary Woodhouse of Rosemary's Baby fame. You know the scene where, after a great shout and lots of tears, she suddenly exclaims that the pain is finally gone.

Well, I got out of bed and felt that I had finally turned the corner with my cold. I actually feel human again.

Can you hear the music?

The mucus is finally gone, and I can breathe again through my nostrils. And, I'm not coughing and expectorating my lungs out.

This is a good sign. When I asked husband if he wanted to go shopping, he actually said yes. He wanted to get a few things, so off we go. Maybe I can buy some Christmas spirit while I'm out and about.


6 Comments:

At December 02, 2005 1:22 PM, Blogger Alipurr said...

glad you feel better.love you

 
At December 02, 2005 1:25 PM, Blogger Alipurr said...

And, yes, I can hear the music...

 
At December 02, 2005 3:08 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

You have banished the mucus, expectorated the phlegm, decimated the virus....
Now you can blast your way through the shopping! Hope it's a successful trip.

PS Have survived 2 whole days with 6 extra people in our house, and no major dramas SO FAR! (but I thank my lucky stars for our dishwasher... might even write a post about that sometime!)

 
At December 02, 2005 5:03 PM, Blogger Motherkitty said...

Shopping, I love it. Husband had to drag me out of Linens and Things before I bought the store out. What a great day out, to breathe the fresh air, to see hundreds of harried shoppers filling their carts with Christmas goodies, to have a nice lunch that I didn't have to cook. I think we are finally finished shopping, but you never know.

 
At December 02, 2005 5:09 PM, Blogger tomlaureld@yahoo.com said...

Like a lioness on a leash it was terrible keeping Laurel’s mind on the list we had made. The Christmas Garlands and Christmas Spirit was so overwhelming that it was impossible to keep her to the list.
Pop

 
At December 06, 2005 5:20 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Glad you are feeling better! Wonder if you had the flu? The holidays don't have enough time to do all we want to already, but when you have to take sick time, it makes it more stressful. Hope you have a great holiday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home