Sunday, October 30, 2005

I have a cold in my nose

Ah, the joys of being around young children who are constantly coughing in your face, picking their noses, not washing their hands, and touching everything with their virulent germs. The result -- a miserable cold that makes you feel like crap and disrupts your life for about a week. Even husband seems to be coming down with it (I just heard him coughing in the living room), probably from me, even though yesterday he said it was all my imagination and in my head, and I'm talking myself into being sick. You see, he's a firm believer in the power of positive thought. Yeah, right! It is all in my head. And, to prove his point, this morning it's in my sinuses, my eustachian tubes, and in my throat. In fact, I can feel it inching itself down into my lungs.

Friday night I was feeling horrible, so I went to bed at 9:00 p.m. I awoke at 12:15 a.m. and remained awake until about 5:30 a.m. I felt hot, then I felt cold. My throat was dry, my head was stopped up. I finally took a Tylenol and was able to get back to sleep until about 9:30 a.m. Saturday. I laid down for a short nap yesterday afternoon (Saturday) that turned into a three-hour siesta. I woke up loggy-brained and feeling as if I had stepped into a time warp. I couldn't even remember what day it was. My left nostril seemed to be affected when I went to sleep, but when I woke up, my right nostril was clogged up. After taking such a long nap I didn't think I could fall asleep last night but managed to sleep until 5:30 this morning. That's when I remembered that Daylight Savings Time was over and I was supposed to set the clocks back an hour. So, it was really only 4:30 a.m. After all the sleep I had been getting the past two days, how could I go back to bed now.

As I sit at my keyboard this Sunday morning at 6:07 a.m., I ponder whether I will feel better today or whether I will have to cater to my husband who will undoubtedly ask me to make him some tea because he doesn't feel well. Maybe I should just go back to bed, watch movies all day, take an occasional nap, and only get up long enough to go to the bathroom or to get something to eat and drink. I could occasionally yell to husband that I still don't feel well. That way I could ignore the whimpering coming from the living room.

1 Comments:

At October 30, 2005 3:40 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

Ah, this post made me smile. It sounds like Fatty and I when a virus sweeps through our house - he does a lot of sighing and moaning, and I get frustrated thinking, "Well, I'm sick TOO you know!". It almost becomes a Survival of the Sickest competition eg whoever claims to be sicker gets to sleep in (while the other must do kid-wrangling)

Anyway, I hope you, and your dear hubby, are feeling better very soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home