Friday, November 04, 2005

What could I have been thinking of?

I did the unthinkable the other day. I sent e-mails to various friends and family and gave them my blog address. And, to make matters worse, I put a counter on my blogsite. What could I have been thinking of?

Now, I spend my time cruising the counter to see who's been looking at my posts. And, I feel as if I should be writing a new entry every day. The pressure is on to produce. It's no longer fun to write something just for the heck of it. My audience awaits with bated breath my next epiphany and reveal to them the secrets of life (I think). Oh, the pressure. It's almost unbearable.

Okay, enough of that. Yeah, I admit that I did it, but I think it will give me the impetus to communicate with those near (and some far away) and dear on a different level. One of my previous posts asked the question, "Writing our thoughts in a blog is like a tree falling in the forest. If no one's there to hear, does the tree falling in the forest make a sound?" My question should further ask, "What's the purpose of a blog if not to talk to others and reveal what's on your mind?" I, therefore, will continue to write what's on my mind and hope that some kindred spirit will communicate in return and tell me what's on their mind.

So, because I have thrown caution to the wind and revealed where I reside on the ethernet, I would hope that you will continue to "read me" and maybe some times you will feel free to join in the conversation. You are always welcome in my house.

4 Comments:

At November 04, 2005 1:11 PM, Blogger Alipurr said...

I don't know what you are worried about. Just think about how much better our family communicates....if you get bored looking at the counter, you could get out that material I gave you and work on 2 little pretty dresses(easy, easy) because I know you still have your sewing machine out, wink wink...

 
At November 04, 2005 1:47 PM, Blogger Motherkitty said...

FYI, those two pretty little dresses are supposed to be surprise Christmas presents, wink, wink... And, yes, I still have my sewing machine hooked up. Did you get the menu?

 
At November 04, 2005 3:02 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

Hi Motherkitty,

Now that you have your counter, you will see how often you are visited, and if you have one of those identity thingies (yes, I have no IT knowledge but I've heard there are ways of tracking who looks at your blog...don't know what it's called, though)you'll see that I check your blog every day - along with my other few favourite blogs - to see if you've written anything. (No pressure or anything!)
I just enjoy your writing, and the feeling of slowly getting to know you a little.
I think we bloggers should only write when inspired to do so. It's funny though, how feeling I should write another blog post soon often GETS me inspired - I rack my brains and come up with something that I end up really enjoying yakking away about.

Anyway, write when you like, what you like - your readers will keep coming back, I'm sure!

 
At November 07, 2005 5:48 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

I did the same thing, and had the same response, checking the counter constantly to see if anyone was reading. I finally said geeesh get a life! Anyway, just wanted to let you know you are not alone out there, enjoy reading your posts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home