Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Dear Santa:

I realize that this is your busiest time of year, so I will only take up a little of your precious time.

I know that you see everything we do. You have made a list and always check it twice to see if we've been naughty or nice. If you check, you will find we have been very good.

Santa's checking his list twice

We don't want anything special for Christmas this year. All of our wishes have been answered. But, in case you have forgotten, I would like to refresh your memory a little about what's happened around our house in 2005.

1. We have been blessed with a wonderful family and two gorgeous granddaughters, who are gifts from Heaven.
2. We didn't do any traveling this year, but instead were able to put in a new furnace and air conditioning unit and a new swimming pool.
3. Our health has been relatively good (except for my recent debilitating respiratory illness) and we joined a health club to get back into shape.
4. My orthopedic surgeon is going to give me a new knee in February or March, so I will be able to walk again without pain.
5. Our son and his beautiful wife were able to purchase a nice townhouse in San Diego and are doing very well.
6. Our son-in-law is now in business for himself and is also doing well.
7. We were able to help a few people when they needed help.
8. We were able to rescue several kitties who were in need of good homes and we saved the world from more kitties by having them spayed.
9. We are still happily married after 38 years, unlike over 50 percent of others in this country.
10. We do not want for anything.

We have one wish, however. Santa, we wish for peace in this world and an end to cruelty everywhere. We hope that others, no matter what their faith, will be infused with the spirit of kindness this holiday season and put it to good use.

Thank you, Santa, for continuing to make people happy every year.

Your friend, Motherkitty

4 Comments:

At December 08, 2005 2:41 AM, Blogger Alipurr said...

very sweet.

 
At December 08, 2005 6:41 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Great Christmas letter, do you send it out in cards? My husband writes one every year for that purpose, to keep everyone up on what's happening at our house. Thanks for sharing. Hope you are feeling better.

 
At December 09, 2005 2:53 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

Thanks for letting us catch up on your news... there was a lot there I didn't know.

Hope you are convalescing well :)

 
At December 09, 2005 7:38 PM, Blogger Motherkitty said...

Thank you, all my dear correspondents, for your kind words. You will be glad to know that the treatment I am receiving is evidently doing its job and I'm feeling more human. I even made supper this evening which we enjoyed.

I may actually get dressed and go to the health club tomorrow with husband.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home