Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I had a dream

This is for real. I had a dream just now, and it woke me up out of a sound sleep, that someone out in the blogosphere had written a post entitled Auf Weidersein Motherkitty on their blog.

(Auf weidersein is German for goodbye. Disclaimer: I do not speak German, I have never studied German in school, nor have I ever corresponded with anyone from Germany. Being Jewish, this dream really gave me the willies, so I guess that's why it woke me up.)

It wasn't just a dream, but rather it was a nightmare from which I awoke all nauseous and sweaty. All these people with German-sounding names who I didn't know were posting rude comments in German and saying goodbye to me and leaving nasty remarks, such as good riddance and they didn't understand why I thought I could write anything interesting on a blog in the first place and who did I think I was to think that anyone out there would really care what I had to say. In my dream I only got to a few comments when I suddenly woke up. I had to run to the bathroom because I thought I was going to be sick.

Now, how's that for reality dreaming? Do you think this is a subliminal message meant to undermine my good intentions of taking a break and then returning to blogging or is it my own fears surfacing while I was asleep?

Fears aside, I can't seem to get blogging out of my blood, even for a few days. I am still checking on my favorite blogs and leaving comments every day. How nutty and compulsive is that? Does it just mean that blogging gives me a connection with others out in the world, a connection that I desperately need at this time in my life?

I would like to thank my lovely blogfriends who have extended their good thoughts to me, either on my blog or in e-mails. You are so appreciated. And, thanks Susan, for the puzzle. I still hope it wasn't a meatball.

As Arnold would say, I'll be back.

6 Comments:

At January 10, 2006 5:42 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Wow! Pretty weird dream. I think you got it bad (blogging fever). Maybe some fresh air, or coffee, or chocolate. Shopping might be a good diversion. OR you could just blog to your heart's content, we will be here listening. I think you are right - folks just need to connect with other folks!

 
At January 10, 2006 6:30 AM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

Motherkitty, you've got me worried. You were so nauseous you had to run to the bathroom? I hope you're OK now. If you're still not feeling so good, maybe you could go back to your doctor for a check-up. Blame me for bossing you along.

You know, I always enjoy your blog, and your comments on blogs (mine and others'). So don't be feeling insecure about this. Why would we all keep coming back, hmmm? We like you, we find you to be a kind and caring and funny and interesting person.

And I don't think it's weird to be blogging a lot. I do it too. I have close friends, a good husband, loving family...and yet blogging fulfils something else for me. Whether it's the freedom to be completely open and honest about myself, whether it's those new friends I am making, or even perhaps the creative outlet of writing itself - I don't know the exact appeal but I am hooked, too.

Sending you a big hug,
Jelly

 
At January 10, 2006 6:53 AM, Blogger Alipurr said...

Sorry, mom, that sounds like a terrible dream. I think it would make me nauseous, too. We all love your blogging, and or course you need to stay connected with all your friends, bloggers or otherwise. I am sure once we are all well, get to see each other again, and things get more back to normal you will feel better. It kind of stinks to feel isolated. As you can see, you cannot get out of our thoughts, either. we love you.

 
At January 10, 2006 9:40 AM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Your dream..or nightmare as you call it...only goes to show you how much you love blogging. And by all the comments that you get, everyone loves you too.

You have BLOGGING FEVER and it's contagious because you have passed it on to me.

It just amazes me...how we bloggers can post and within a short time...someone from around the world has left a comment. I find myself checking for comments at all hours of the night & day.

I am not a writer or a poet...just a normal person...writing about my everyday life. I have a WONDERFUL husband and family...and am not trying to fill anykind of void in my life.

I JUST HAVE A BLOGGING ADDICTION... chuckle

Welcome back...you know we love your colorful and witty writings.

 
At January 10, 2006 3:38 PM, Blogger Judypatooote said...

I love reading your blog, and I'm german, but it wasn't me whispering that bad dream to you. I don't care what a person is, as long as they have a good heart...and i can tell you do.... you think you got blog fever, i have two sights...and wake up wondering what the next post will be..... I live alone, with my dog Max and I really enjoy reading and commenting on other blogs.... it is a big world of friends, and if it weren't for blogging we would know nothing about. So keep on blogging motherkitty.......

 
At January 12, 2006 12:37 AM, Blogger The Catshark said...

You have yet another harmless quarter German reader here! But it does sound like Blogger fever! But we all love you and support you here! I know that all of us who read your blog on a daily basis truly enjoy the humorous stories and adventures you share! You have a very special bunch of friends here from around the world! Like you have said before, this is a very unique form of communication, you are actually reaching into many peoples homes and making friends with just hitting the publish button! Just remember we are all here for you and support you 100% So keep on blogging to your hearts content!!!

Furry Purrs and hugs!

Catshark, Sammy and Jazzy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home