Monday, December 19, 2005

People who need people

One of my fellow bloggers posted a comment today about something terrible that happened to another blogger on our favorites list. She put into words how we all feel about this tragic event.

I, too, have come to cherish the "friendships" I have made by blogging. I am usually so reticent about forming new friendships with others, but now I have found that I like connecting to others with diverse backgrounds and histories. Everyone I have met in this manner is so special in their own unique way. Who would have thought that diverse people from around the globe could connect like this? The person who invented blogging should have been named "Person of the Year" by Time Magazine (not that Bono and Bill and Melinda Gates certainly didn't deserve the honor).

Those of us who visit our friend's blog all feel terrible about what happened to her and her family. I wanted to reach out and wrap my arms around her to protect her in any way this Motherkitty could. I'm sure the words of support and offering of prayers from many other bloggers meant a great deal to her.

This is one of the reasons these "friendships" mean so much. My blogger friend has articulated in an eloquent manner what we all feel. Thank you, dear friend.

3 Comments:

At December 19, 2005 6:56 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

You're welcome, Motherkitty.I'm glad you feel the same - I sort of felt a bit silly about how emotionally-involved I've gotten with some 'blogfriendships'. But you're right, you DO end up caring about people, and maybe that's not embarrassing but a sign that we're human, and instinctively seek friendship and social contact.

I count myself lucky to have met you, and really value your friendship.

:) Jellyhead

 
At December 19, 2005 9:09 PM, Blogger Judypatooote said...

Ditto Jellyhead......and Motherkitty your post is so touching.....I talk alot about my blogging friends,to my kids and friends, and unless you are a blogger, you have no clue as to what we mean to each other....as friends who have never met......but we look forward to reading what each other have to say....

 
At December 20, 2005 6:28 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

I agree with you and jelly, blogfriendships are real. I hope that all turns out well for your friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home