Saturday, January 28, 2006

Saturday Boredom

We gotta get out of this place if it's the last thing we ever do . . .

-- The Animals

Here it is Saturday morning and we're still sitting around doing nothing. It's one of those days when we look at each other and ask each other those same silly questions we heard in the film "Marty."

"What do you want to do, husband?"

"I don't know. What do you want to do? Go exercise?"

"I don't know. That would mean I have to get out of my nightgown and go take a shower."

"Yeah, I know. So, what do you feel like doing?"

"I don't know, but we better make up our minds really quick before it gets dark."

I think I've spent enough time online and looked at and responded to enough blogfriends' blogs, had a few laughs, drank my morning tea, and had two pieces of toast.

So, the moment of truth has arrived. I guess I will get off the computer, go into the living room and ask the inevitable question again.

"So, what do you feel like doing, husband?"

I really, really have to get out of the house more often. But, for those blogfriends who actually get out of the house on Saturdays and have planned activities, have fun.

Addendum, 9:26 P.M. CST: Well, I got him out of the house. We went to the movies and saw "Brokeback Mountain." I loved it, he didn't (I won't say why). I thought it was a beautiful story of unrequited love, he thought cowboys should be cowboys! We came out of the theater to a real downpour then proceded to Chongs for some great Chinese. End of story, Saturday no longer boring.

9 Comments:

At January 28, 2006 12:37 PM, Blogger tomlaureld@yahoo.com said...

Motherkitty lives in a different world than I do. She lives in a nine-to-five world and I because of my background live in the moment. Even though we have lived together for at least 37 years our attitudes are directly influenced by our environment.
I am perfectly content to count the moments in time and view the dust particles that fall before my eyes. My world is the world I stand on whether it is active or at rest.
Boredom left this mind in the revolution in the sixties. I am perfectly happy just being.
The working world would just cringe at my attitude. I am always extremely productive but I move in a steady speed over an entire day.

 
At January 28, 2006 3:02 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

Hee hee, I love your post together with Tomas' reply! You guys are so funny! Fatty and I are often just the same ....he's happy to potter about, but I'm asking 'What shall we DO today?'

Motherkitty, if it helps at all, I spent a very mundane Saturday, doing a bit of housework, playing 'snap' with the kids, making scones with the kids.... nothing exciting at all.

By the way, I wanted to thank you for all your comments on my blog. It seems like you always take the trouble to read what I write, and comment, which always gives me a lift. Thanks Motherkitty.

 
At January 28, 2006 3:38 PM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

If I ask hubby what he wants to do, he always says...RIDE!!!

Jimmy is always ready to get up and go and especially now that he is feeling better again.

He went out and started up the motorcycles yesterday...so I guess it's just a matter of time before we appear on your doorstep.

The only time we get into that, what do you want to do thing, (back & forth), is when we are trying to decide where to eat out....and if I really want to eat somewhere in particular...I just say so. In fact, Jimmy would always let me pick if I was so inclined. But, I want him to choose sometime.

 
At January 28, 2006 10:42 PM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Chongs Chinese...that sounds good. Glad you ended your day, in a non boring manner.

Ran into Megan & Sharon at Wally World...had a nice chat.

I made a pot of Chili and called Suzanne...she can't refuse chili and came right over.

 
At January 29, 2006 12:51 AM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

What is this..
<[if!SupportEmptyParas] ???

 
At January 29, 2006 5:01 AM, Blogger Motherkitty said...

<[if!SupportEmptyParas]

Where did you find the above? From what I can determine, it's a computer programmer's "rationale" statement, sort of like an "if . . . then" statement. If you do this, then this is the result.

For further confusing information, copy highlight the "expression" and enter it into Google. You will get an entire listing of sites illustrating and using this expression. You probably won't understand it any more than I did, but at least you can see how it's being used. Hope this helps.

 
At January 29, 2006 11:14 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Kitty - You mean people actually leave their house on Saturday? *shock*

Neo peeks out the window

hehehhehe

I think I'll just stay inside on a Sunday morning. Hmmm wait it's the afternoon!

Then again my beer supply is running dangerously low. Damn, no delivery on Sundays either!!!

;)

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At January 29, 2006 8:49 PM, Blogger Franny said...

Ah yes, many a day is spent around here wondering what we should be doing. Problem is, with 3 small kiddles, it's so much WORK to go anywhere! So we usually end up pulling out the play-doh or in the backyard (well not this time of year!)
I don't know about Brokeback Mountain...I heard it was awesome but don't know if it'll be 'subtle' enough for me!

 
At January 29, 2006 11:14 PM, Blogger Motherkitty said...

For those of you who may be contemplating seeing Brokeback Mountain, all I can say is that it was extremely explicit, thus the "R" rating. Also, for those of you who are offended by same sex relationships, this is probably not a family-oriented film to see. It definitely was NOT subtle.

I loved it and shed a few tears at the ending. The direction and cinematography were fabulous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home