Tuesday, January 24, 2006

What I'm REALLY, REALLY like

You Have a Choleric Temperament
You are a person of great enthusiasm - easily excited by many things. Unsatisfied by the ordinary, you are reaching for an epic, extraordinary life. You want the best. The best life. The best love. The best reputation.

You possess a sharp and keen intellect. Your mind is your primary weapon. Strong willed, nothing can keep you down. Your energy can break down any wall. You're an instantly passionate person - and this passion gives you an intoxicating power over others.

At your worst, you are a narcissist. Full of yourself and even proud of your faults. Stubborn and opinionated, you know what you think is right. End of discussion. A bit of a misanthrope, you often see others as weak, ignorant, and inferior.


Have you ever taken one of these tests that are found online? They are supposed to be fun and revealing. Sort of like a parlor trick. The above is a personality test I found on fellow blogger Heather's blog (blog, blah, blah). She took it, posted the results, and said it was really accurate for her personality. Yes, the profile did sound like Heather.

So, I also took the test. A lot of the information sounds like me, but a lot IS NOT like my personality. In fact, there were some words in my profile that I actually had to look up in a dictionary, i.e., choleric, meaning
1 : easily moved to often unreasonable or excessive anger : hot-tempered 2 : ANGRY, IRATE (not me!), and misanthrope a person who hates or distrusts mankind (also not me). The results also said I was a narcissist. Do you know what that means? 1 : EGOISM, EGOCENTRISM 2 : love of or sexual desire for one's own body. Huh??? Where did all this come from? They got all this from five questions?

First of all, I have learned a long time ago that I don't like getting angry, especially excessively angry. It makes me mad to get so angry. On top of that, I usually end up apologizing to a lot of people when I do get angry. So, let's not go there.

Second, I don't hate ANYONE. Got it? I hate a lot of things that people do, but I certainly don't hate people. In fact, I love EVERYONE, except those who make me excessively angry.

Third, I am not an egoist. I may be better at a lot of things, especially answering Jeopardy and Trivial Pursuit questions, but I NEVER let my ego get in the way of friendship. Above all, I like myself a lot but not to the point of sexually desiring my own body. (That's a bit twisted.)

Finally, I don't think I have EVER had a feeling of intoxicating power over anyone. In fact, I'm a pussycat and I wouldn't hurt a fly (ask my husband -- he'll tell you).

So much for online personality quizzes. Take my word for it. I may be silly at times, but you have probably guessed that I'm basically a nice person who cries at sentimental movies, likes everyone, loves good jokes, gets enthusiastic about a lot of things that make me happy, enjoys each day I'm still breathing, and loves my fellow blogpals.

The one thing that they are really correct about is that I want the best of everything, especially for those family and friends that I adore.




10 Comments:

At January 25, 2006 3:42 AM, Blogger tomlaureld@yahoo.com said...

I have never seen Motherkitty walk away from a fight. She will stand her ground and heaven help those that disagree with her position. That is a trait that all good warriors possess.
Motherkitty tells the story of her mother who backs down a would be robber in their store by telling him that he is robbing a cripple and he should be ashamed of himself.
It is in the genes.

 
At January 25, 2006 8:41 AM, Blogger Alipurr said...

Some of it is off base, but while reading it, i thought, "To a tee." You have to admit, some of it describes you exactly...

 
At January 25, 2006 10:31 AM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I love you just the way you are no matter what some personality test says.

Who can assess you better than yourself.

 
At January 25, 2006 12:32 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Kitty - Yeah they are pretty off with those things. You don't seem like any of that from what I've read from you. You seem like a warm and caring person. You dislike bowling and have a sweet spot for chocolate. ;)

LOL

Think that quiz is bad?

You should have seen the past life one I took a few or so ago. It said I was a woman in a past life.

HUH?

All that from my birthdate!

Makes ya wonder.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At January 25, 2006 8:53 PM, Blogger Motherkitty said...

Neo, I love bowling. Can't bowl anymore because of bad knees, but we have a closet shelf full of bowling trophies to attest to our devotion to the sport. In fact, the last time I bowled I blew my right knee out. I was bowling over a 200 game and just couldn't stop. Oh well. I couldn't walk when I left the alley but it sure was a sweet ride along the way.

Thanks always for your kind thoughts.

 
At January 25, 2006 10:29 PM, Blogger Franny said...

The first thing I thought of when reading the choleric personality on your blog was "hey, that's me!" Guess you gotta take the bad with the good!

Sounds like you have a phenomenal sense of self and family/friends that adore you. What more could a fiercely loyal warrior-kitty want from life?

By the way, I absolutely loved what tomas said about your mom & the robber. What an amazing woman! If you wanted to blog the details of that story one time, I bet it would make for a great read.

 
At January 26, 2006 8:16 AM, Blogger Heather said...

You have to take those quizzes with a grain of salt. Sometimes, they are lucky and it sounds like us, and sometimes not. They are always fun, though.

:-)

 
At January 26, 2006 10:52 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Kitty - Ouch! Hey you bowl way better than I do. But then again, I have bowled in over 10 years. hehe

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At January 26, 2006 8:38 PM, Blogger Motherkitty said...

Thanks, Heather. We have all really enjoyed this simple test. We've had some pretty funny responses from it.

I appreciate "snatching" it from your blog. I read you every day and enjoy your posts so very much.

Neo, it's been a long time since we've bowled (because of my knees). Would like to again but would probably feel and look really foolish pushing the ball down the alley on my stomach since I don't walk so well lately.

 
At January 27, 2006 8:11 AM, Blogger Moogie said...

Sometimes the tests work, and sometimes they don't. They are kind of fun though. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home