Sunday, February 05, 2006

Isn't it pathetic?

The past 24 hours or so have been unsettling for me. There were problems with Blogger, couldn't get online, posts kept disappearing, couldn't communicate -- I felt like, oh, what shall we do with ourselves all day? Was I in the throes of withdrawal?

Six months ago I would have gone on with my day and found something really interesting to do on a Saturday. Yesterday I was fretting something awful. Today, Sunday, I'm happy again like a little kid because we are back online and Blogger seems "normal" again. Was it a worm, or just a problem with the system? Who cares. Now I can get my regular blogosphere "fix."

Do you see what happens to a seemingly normal human being who became addicted to blogging? Can you understand that a glitch in the system almost caused a meltdown to my psyche? Who would have thought six months ago that I would feel so badly about not being able to communicate with a bunch of online friends for a day?

This is so terribly pathetic.

6 Comments:

At February 05, 2006 12:37 PM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I was having withdrawal symtoms yesterday & last night. It seemed my blog was the last to be fixed. I wasn't worried about any posts that I might have lost...I was worried because I wasn't able to connect with OTHER bloggers. I realized that I don't even know who they really are and without the blog I would never hear from them again.

I was in a sheer panic... I had nightmares about blogging. I haven't had a nightmare for a long time...but in my dreams the blogging engineers finally fixed my blog, so when I woke up I wasn't in such a panic. I went straight to my pc and checked my blog and everyone else's and everything was ok.

Later in the morning...My "out of order" post suddenly appeared...and I thought...How did that get on there, by itself? (It had been saved as a draft late last night)

The first STEP is admitting your addiction. I am addicted to blogging.

 
At February 05, 2006 5:42 PM, Blogger LoriCloud said...

I used to have the same addiction... i'm not on as much lately because I've had chronic writer's block. These days I am addicted to watching DVDs of the Sopranos...I'm not sure which is worse. start drinking wine and then when your blog is down you'll at least have something to fall back on :)

 
At February 05, 2006 6:21 PM, Blogger Motherkitty said...

Yeah, Lori, if I started drinking wine the only thing I would fall back on would be my bed. One drink and I'm ready for sleep.

I have missed reading your posts since you started your new blog. I'm sorry you have writer's block. You are such a wonderful writer. Came to your blog through your mom's. She's cute, isn't she?

Hope you are having a good day.

 
At February 07, 2006 8:29 AM, Blogger Franny said...

I was useless without blogger too...but then I started to read a book...and then I listened to some music...soon I was ready to create world peace, but blogger came back on. So here I am!

Missed ya'll too by the way!

 
At February 07, 2006 4:26 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I am horribly addicted too. last night there was a downtime and it depressed me so much that I just went to bed. ;-)

 
At February 07, 2006 8:42 PM, Blogger Motherkitty said...

Welcome, Kimberly. Thanks for your comment and for stopping in. It's always great to hear from our friends up North.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home