Sunday, February 05, 2006

Superbowl Sunday


I don't know about you, but in our house today is Football Day.

Our son is a huge Steelers fan (has been all his life) and I imagine that you don't want to call him today because he's gonna be watching the game. I just know he's got his Steelers cap on. (When he was in college he had a Steelers cap that he wore constantly. It was so grungy-looking that I wouldn't be caught dead in it, but what can you say about a die-hard fan. I think he still has that hat.)

Husband loves football, so he will, of course, be watching the game. I am prepared. Got all kinds of football food and got plenty of bottled water and cokes. So, he won't have to go far from the TV set, except to go to the bathroom from all the water and cokes.

Me, I will be watching parts of the game. You know, the "interesting" parts. Like the pre-game, the commercials, and the halftime show. Inbetween, I will be online or cooking or doing something else. Occasionally, I will yell from the other room -- what's the score or who's winning? Or, maybe I'll go into the bedroom and snuggle down in bed to watch a really sappy girls movie or read a book.

For all you football fans out there in the ethernet, go Steelers! For the rest of us, I hope you have a wonderful day and that you find something fun to do while the game's on.

7 Comments:

At February 05, 2006 10:45 AM, Blogger Judypatooote said...

GO STEELERS! Going to my daughters to watch the game and par tay...

 
At February 05, 2006 12:07 PM, Blogger TUFFENUF said...

Superbowl Sunday is good for one thing for us uninterested in sports fans - SHOPPING! The stores are not crowded today!

 
At February 05, 2006 12:42 PM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

You're right about the shopping...I find that whenever the Kentucky Wildcats are playing...THE STORES ARE EMPTY...so I know that today, they will be empty too.

The snow will keep me in today and I will be turning the on electric blanky and snuggling up to watch some good movies today, while the Steelers play ball.

Hope they win for Eli!!!

 
At February 05, 2006 6:28 PM, Blogger Motherkitty said...

Well, I broke down and called son to see how he was doing. Called about three hours before the game. Conversation went something like this: how are you? okay. what are you doing? watching the SB pre-game! do you still have your old grungy Steelers hat? yes. enjoy the game. ok.

Do you think he sounded distracted?

Asked him when he was leaving for his next work assignment. He said tomorrow (Monday). Where are you going? Seattle. So here's my son, a die-hard Steelers fan, going to Seattle tomorrow for work. I hope the Steelers win because otherwise son will be in a bad mood for the next month. That's how long he will be in Seattle working.

 
At February 06, 2006 10:43 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Kitty - WOOHOO!! PA's got the bowl baby!!!!

- Neo

 
At February 06, 2006 3:02 PM, Blogger Judypatooote said...

I have to say, your son sounds alot like mine.....right to the point.....lol Mine would do anything for me, but just doesn't like talking on the phone.....

 
At February 07, 2006 8:33 AM, Blogger Franny said...

I think the Steelers won mostly because I predicted that Seattle would win. But I'm happy as that's your team!

Not so much into sports myself, but when the Olympics start on Friday, you can bet I'll be glued to the TV...let's just hope we don't get gypped again in figure skating!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home