Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Writer's block (or why I've been such a blockhead about blogging)

I've tried, honestly I have, but the words just seem to vaporize before they leave my brain. I just can't seem to blog about anything, no matter how trivial or how earth-shaking. It's not as if we haven't been doing things. We have. It's just that nothing feels right to write about. As a matter of fact, everything seems silly. "Who would want to read this silliness?", I say to myself. Thus, the writer's block.

My head is completely empty and I can't think of a thing to write about. We've gotten through the holidays and I've been suffering from the dreaded coccooning syndrome. You know, where all you want to do is bundle up, sip on a cup of nice, hot tea, read a good book, or numb your brain with a lot of television.

It's not as if I haven't been reading your blogs all this time. I have. I keep up with all of you on a daily basis. Sometimes I even visit more than once a day, just to reassure myself that there is life outside of this house.

Gads, I dislike winter so much. I want to be outside doing things -- working in the yard, swimming in the pool, riding around seeing the sights. We haven't even had any snow or ice to break up the monotony. It was a freaking 69 degrees F. yesterday and today we had cold, grey rain with tornado warnings all day. This is January, isn't it? So, where's winter? Is this all part of global warming? Al Gore, don't come knocking on my door. I watched your movie and I paid attention. I agree with you, and husband and I are doing our part to reduce our footprint on the planet. But, it's still difficult to cope with this weird weather.

Maybe that's what's wrong with me!!! Global warming. I should go take a bath in ice water or something to cool myself down. Then maybe my writer's block will go away and I will be able to blog again.

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At January 09, 2008 5:56 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Wow, Motherkitty is BACK! I am glad to hear you are safe and sound up there in your cocoon, reading blogs and sipping tea and worrying about the environment! It is good to hear from you, have a great day!

 
At January 09, 2008 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Nice to see a post from you!

Enjoy your cocoon if you must. I wish I could do that!

 
At January 09, 2008 7:20 AM, Blogger Giddy said...

Sounds like you may be suffering from a wee bit of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). Try to get out for some fresh air and sunshine. It's amazing how good a short walk will make one feel.

 
At January 09, 2008 7:33 AM, Blogger tomlaureld@yahoo.com said...

It has been blowing wind and rain everyday here in Western Kentucky. It snowed north of us and it was wind and rain here.
Motherkitty has been very busy cleaning, reading two of the last Harry Potter books, cooking and baking and enjoying her Christmas Gifts and discussing all important matters in the universe.
Motherkitty likes to shop most of all and her retirement years this has been cut in half by inflation and an old hubby.
Click on my ads so Motherkitty can go shopping again.

 
At January 09, 2008 8:29 AM, Blogger tomlaureld@yahoo.com said...

Click here to go on a Motherkitty Shopping Spree

 
At January 09, 2008 9:40 AM, Blogger Susie said...

So good to see you post again!
Glad you are well and just staying cozy!
Thanks for your prayers for Grandpa!
xoxo

 
At January 09, 2008 2:21 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

It's great to see you posting!
I kept meaning to send an e-mail to wish you merry Christmas...but didn't get it done. Sorry. I was thinking of you though, if it's any consolation. You are certainly not forgotten.
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year with your family.
I'm thinkin the same as Giddy. You probably need more light and some fresh air.
Think of it as a nice time to rest and recuperate after the rush of Christmas, and time to read all those good books...now that's not so bad, is it? I'm glad to know you're still keeping up with the blogs.
Happy 2008. May it bring you joy, rich blessings and freedom from writer's block!
xoxo

 
At January 09, 2008 3:43 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

Aw, Motherkitty, go ahead and write about the silly stuff! That's all I ever write about. Life is made up of lots & lots of silly stuff.

It's really good to hear from you. I wish you and your family a delightful and memorable 2008!

 
At January 10, 2008 7:26 AM, Blogger Alipurr said...

see you in a few Mom
hopefully it won't be a rainy day
at least you have Dancer Girl calling you about 20 times a day on my speed dial #4, ha ha

 
At January 11, 2008 7:05 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

That cocooning thing is exactly how I've been feeling. It seems like we have been so busy for so long that it feels good to sit and do nothing--not even write. And sometimes the words just don't come--I certainly get that! Welcome! back

 
At January 11, 2008 9:56 PM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Glad to see a post from you. I was hear earlier,but got distracted by a click of a link on you know who's second comment (Tomas Dennis). It was for a good cause.

I'm not a writer so all I can post about are silly everyday things and as you've probably read nothing spectacular happens in my life either. Just ordinary goings on.

By all of the comments that you got I'm sure everyone would love to hear about your everyday life.

Enjoy your cup of tea and your book and keep warm, Spring will be here before you know it.

 
At January 15, 2008 12:53 AM, Blogger Smalltown RN said...

I think there are a lot of us out there feeling the winter dulldrums....this to shall pass...I am glad you do keep visiting blogs...try and get out every once and awhile to clear your head...it will do you a world of good....cheers my friend...

 
At January 16, 2008 6:19 PM, Blogger Alipurr said...

still expecting you tomorrow....girls are excited!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home