Sunday, October 21, 2007

Blogging with kitty

Here I was late last night, wracking my brain searching for something interesting to blog about, when persistent Tiger Lily decided she would "help" me. It was a bit awkward because she kept pushing my keyboard and then my mouse so I couldn't move it properly. I picked her up several times and finally made her go some place else to sleep. And then Blogger started acting up and wouldn't let me post any pictures and I finally gave up!

It is now early Sunday morning -- when I should be in bed -- seeing if Blogger has fixed itself. It has and so I blog. I also tried to download a very cute kitty video that daughter-in-law had sent, but Blogger just wouldn't accept it. Blogger sure is getting picky lately.

Our area of the country has been under severe drought warnings all summer. We've had restrictions on outside burning and outside use of water. We are not having quite the extent of the problem that several states in the southeast are having but it's still pretty bad. Luckily we have received some rain in the past several weeks but are still about 11 inches shy of normal precipitation for the year. On Wednesday and Thursday we were under tornado warnings but the really bad winds skirted around us. Other areas were not so fortunate for which I am truly sorry. I did manage to get a few shots of the storm that came through on Wednesday afternoon.

Can you see the rainbow?
We could see both ends but it was too big to capture in one picture.

O say, can you see? Our flag was still standing after the storm.

I managed to send some of our rain over to Susan of Patchwork Reflections. I hope it helped. As we were driving around the past couple of days we noticed that the fall colors were finally showing up. It's been in the 70s and even the 80s lately and it's hard to believe that Halloween is almost here.

For all the mothers out there who are getting ready for Halloween, I offer this.

And, finally, here's for the rest of us revelers.

Happy Halloween everyone.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At October 21, 2007 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you see my photos of the storms? It was so very dramatic here, and scary.

Glad to see you posting. I hope all is well!

 
At October 21, 2007 8:50 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Love the sky shots, and a rainbow! Did you look for the pot-o-gold?

Thanks for the rain! Looking forward to those halloween leftovers, is that your personal recipe?

 
At October 21, 2007 5:53 PM, Blogger Alipurr said...

very cute cartoons
funny kitty

 
At October 22, 2007 8:07 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

The rain was very welcome, wasn't it? And I love the rainbow! Of course, I would probably never see such a gorgeous sunrise because I am not an early riser!

 
At October 25, 2007 8:45 PM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

We also had tornado warnings, but since we weren't watching local channels we missed the warnings...lucky us.

We've also had a couple of days of steady rain. Love your rainbow and you kitty. And as I told Alice, now I understand why she loves looking at black rain clouds.

 
At November 01, 2007 11:07 PM, Blogger Alipurr said...

now we really see who has what leftover...i have pixie sticks, snickers, reese;s cups, milky ways, & twix

what have you got?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home