Sunday, March 16, 2008

Baby sister's birthday

What makes for a successful birthday party for a four year old? Throw together a mixture of a large space decorated for a unicorn party, then add in around 15-20 little kids (and their parents), lots of noise and excitement, decorations, an inflated swimming pool filled with lots of balloons, helium-filled balloons floating everywhere, finger foods, cake, crafts, lots and lots of presents, and a pair of sleep-deprived parents and other assorted relatives. And, what do you get? Two hours of unadulterated F.U.N.

Balloons in a pool

A play castle

Crafts

A rainbow cake

Lots of presents

A grammy having fun with the kids

Little brother in awe of it all

Getting ready to open presents

The birthday girl opening presents

Happy fourth birthday, little sister.

Everyone enjoyed themselves at the party, so thank you, daughter and son-in-law, for inviting us. A good time was had by all.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At March 16, 2008 11:53 AM, Blogger tomlaureld@yahoo.com said...

Wonderful post grandma. I had a great time.

 
At March 16, 2008 2:47 PM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

That's right...Wonderful post Motherkitty, but I missed out on the fun this year.

 
At March 16, 2008 4:24 PM, Blogger Alipurr said...

we had a great time! glad you & dad could come....my kitchen table is a sea of pink bags, ribbons, & bows & my coffee table is full of ponies & unicorns having a birthday party

 
At March 19, 2008 6:41 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I can see from all the smiles that a good time was had by all :)
What a cute rainbow cake! Happy Birthday to Little Sister. Time just flies by so fast, doesn't it??
xo

 
At March 19, 2008 7:30 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

What a challenge! Having all those little kids at an indoor party! :) It looks like a good time was had by all...

 
At March 19, 2008 9:08 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

Adorable photos of a bunch of happy people MK. Looks like the party was great fun. Happy birthday to Little Sister! I can't believe she's had another birthday already.

 
At March 30, 2008 12:22 PM, Blogger Smalltown RN said...

oh what a wonderful time....I miss those days when I use to plan my girls birthday parties...looks like grandma had a good time as well.....

Sorry it has been so very long since I have dropped in to say hello....how are you my friend? Seems like life has been keeping you busy....

Hope all is well in your world!!!

 
At April 09, 2008 10:35 AM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Motherkittys birthday is tomorrow...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOTHERKITTY!
We love you,
Sandy,Jimmy,Sharon,Megan,Zac,
Suzanne,Ray,Matt,Tori,Brian,Reva & Brandon. (I hope I didn't forget to name someone).
Anyway.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY from all of us!

 
At April 17, 2008 3:41 PM, Blogger Franny said...

It's so beautiful! Love the rainbow cake! Who made it? The only thing that made me /cringe/ was the balloons in the pool. I have a compulsive twitch when it comes to popping balloons - a little kid, rubbing one or SITTING on one sends me running. I missed you sweetie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home