Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Giving thanks to those who serve

On this day we honor all United States military veterans, both men and women, who have served our country so honorably and nobly, during times of peace and war. We thank them for our continued freedoms and for their heroic sacrifices.

Thanks to my husband and my son for their service in the United States Navy. I am so proud of them both. Thanks to my Uncle Al who gave his life in April 1945, just as the war in Europe was ending. You can read about him here. Thanks to all my cousins and nephews, and my cousin's daughter who was just promoted to Captain in the U.S. Navy, for doing their duty.

One of my previous posts about Veteran's Day is found here.

We must continue to remember all those who have died in the name of freedom and oppression throughout the ages. My dream for the future of this country and for my grandchildren's future is for everlasting peace and an end to hatred. May we experience this in our lifetime.

Finally, my best wishes are sent to President-elect Barack Obama who is destined to take over the reins of this country on January 20, 2009. Hopefully, by next Veterans Day, our troops will see an end to all hostilities overseas and will be returned to their loved ones. God Bless America.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At November 11, 2008 11:10 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Thanks to all the veterans past and present.

 
At November 11, 2008 12:11 PM, Blogger MrsGreenThumb said...

Every person who has worn the uniform of this great country is a hero in my book! I appreciate and applaud them.

 
At November 11, 2008 4:46 PM, Blogger Alipurr said...

i totally agree mom
God give Obama wisdom to direct our country....
thank God for all the sacrifices of those in the military. May we never forget all they have done

 

Post a Comment

<< Home