Friday, June 20, 2008

First Day of Summer

Today is the first day of Summer, 2008. Instead of being able to work in the yard or go swimming on my day off, we are faced with:

It's okay, really, because this lovely, gentle rain has given me an opportunity to hang around the house and do some things I've been meaning to catch up on. This morning I actually made a nice breakfast for husband. Then, I got busy and made this:

I had some Georgia peaches (purchased from the Farmer's Market on Tuesday), a package of organic strawberries, and some nice raisins. Mix them all together with a bunch of secret ingredients and you get a lovely treat for a relaxing, rainy day at home.

Pie Song
Michael, movie soundtrack and album

Pie
Me oh my
Nothing tastes sweet, wet, salty and dry
all at once o well it's pie
Apple!
Pumpkin!
Minced
an' wet bottom.
Come to your place everyday if you've got em'
Pie
Me o my
I love pie

So, if you're in our neck of the woods, come on down (as Drew Carey's announcer likes to say) and enjoy a piece of Motherkitty's homemade pie, me o my.

Yesterday was another sweet day, spent with daughter alipurr and the grandkids.

Alipurr

Little Fencer Boy (enjoying some guacamole and rice)

The highlight of our visit was a ballet recital at the University. (Both girls had been enrolled in a week-long ballet class and the girls and their classmates were very proud to show off what they had learned to the parents and visitors.) Both girls are very graceful and talented and we wouldn't be surprised if they continued to dance throughout their lifetime.

Little One, getting her ballet slipper shoelace tied

Dancer Girl, doing what she does best

Before we left daughter's house, we were presented with this video, purchased by daughter at her local library for $1.00. We watched it last evening and, surprisingly, it was wonderful. I actually remember watching this live-action performance (on NBC) in 1960 featuring Mary Martin as Peter Pan and Cyril Richard as Mr. Darling and Captain Hook. The video was in great condition and I can't wait for the grandkids to see it. They will really enjoy all the singing and dancing as much as we did. Not at all like the cartoon version. (You couldn't even see the wires used to make everybody fly!)

Clap if you believe in fairies.

Tomorrow it's back to work for me. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy myself in spite of the rain.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At June 20, 2008 12:37 PM, Blogger Alipurr said...

we had a great day yesterday, glad you could come! thanks for not posting any embarassing pics of me :)

 
At June 20, 2008 2:33 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

Grandkids look beautiful! Little fencer Boy is getting big. They just grow up so fast. Our Tanner will be 2 in November.

That pie makes me want to come to Ky. and have a piece. Got some left?

 
At June 20, 2008 9:52 PM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

It's nice to see you back and doing what you like doing best...visiting with your babies and baking.

You got some good pictures there...love them.

I'm sure you'll have plenty of sunny days to enjoy your pool. It looks very inviting even in the rain.

 
At June 21, 2008 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Grandkids are getting so big! Dancergirl is so tall now!

Thank you for sharing.

Also, by the looks of that pie and your lovely photos of your flowers, plus meeting you? Kentucky is definitely on my list of places to visit! So beautiful.

I am feeling relaxed just reading and taking in your photos. Thanks, Motherkitty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home