Saturday, July 26, 2008

Unexpected visitors

As I was looking over my potted plants on the deck yesterday, I spotted this gorgeous little visitor in my parsley.

My visiting youngest granddaughter spotted this Monarch Butterfly caterpillar and immediately wanted to hold it. We had to explain to her that you couldn't touch it but that it would eventually become a beautiful butterfly. Little One is a true nature lover and has no qualms about picking up and touching any living creature, including slugs and bugs. (Ugh.)

Husband and I were very happy that daughter alipurr brought the three rugrats to visit. (Long-hair daddy was off on a boys-only trip to go whitewater rafting.) We had lots of fun during the two days they were here. Alipurr and little fencer boy returned home on Friday afternoon because she had a meeting and the two girls had a sleepover with the grandparents. Daughter came to retrieve the girls today and they went home shortly after lunch.

A good time was had by all during this short visit. We are looking forward to Dancer Girl's upcoming birthday and our annual pool party. I really enjoy having visitors, especially when they are unexpected!

UPDATE: Sunday, 07/27/08 I was anxious to see how my beautiful caterpillar was doing this morning so I made a beeline out to the deck. I was very disappointed to see that there was NO CATERPILLAR on any of my plants. Darn. Maybe a bird got it -- don't know. It did eat all the parsley leaves on the plant and all that is left is bare stalks. I was planning to make a photographic record of its progress to a cocoon. So much for good intentions.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At July 26, 2008 5:48 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Hi MK,
I with you on the slugs and such, yuk! Great pic of the caterpillar though..
Glad you had a fun visit and sleepover with the grands.
We had a full week of the boys and this grammy is dragging just a bit!
xo

 
At July 27, 2008 1:19 AM, Blogger Alipurr said...

if it makes a cocoom you will have to let us know so we can come look at it in person :)

we had a great visit and were very glad we were able to come

i like this post :)

 
At July 27, 2008 7:26 PM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Too bad about the caterpillar, but how nice that you are getting so many visits from the rugrats, hehehe and their mom. I can't wait to see all of you soon.

 
At July 27, 2008 10:15 PM, Blogger Alipurr said...

awww, maybe he moved on to the next plant, or moved somewhere to make his cocoon

 
At August 04, 2008 5:06 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

It seems I have been remiss in visiting your blog.... I realised over at Alipurr's that I haven't been by in awhile. So, sorry and -hi!

I'm sorry the caterpillar didn't hang around... it would have been interesting to watch it grow & change.

Hope you have/had fun with Dancer Girl on her birthday!

 
At September 06, 2008 10:01 PM, Blogger Smalltown RN said...

hello my friend....long time no chat with....sounds like life is good with you....just thought I would stop in and say hello...hugs to you

 
At October 13, 2008 2:25 PM, Blogger Alipurr said...

hey, mom, can you please post some pics from us visiting, or maybe send me some on email so i can post them
thanks

hey, don't make me drive over there and hijack your blog :)
you know i will
your loving daughter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home