Friday, November 07, 2008

Here, kitty, kitty, kitty

Here's what I found out on the deck this evening, calmly eating my cats' food. This little stinker didn't even run away when I opened the slider to get his picture. Isn't he cute? Didn't even spray me. I think I'll keep him.

(click to embiggen)

Skunks
By Linda Chew

Skunks are stinky, but they are pretty

Sometimes they look like a kitty

White stripe up back, the rest all black

They’ll make their home under a shack

Don’t give a skunk anxiety

He’ll begin to pee . . . and pee

Putrid is that wretched smell

So you’ve met a skunk, I can tell

Now you’re stinky, as stinky can get

Do not worry --- do not fret

Take a bath in tomato juice

Oh, let that stinky smell get loose

Labels:

4 Comments:

At November 08, 2008 5:54 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Your idea of cute and mine differ slightly, LOL! Luckily we have not seen one of these critters eating our cat food, it is usually either a raccoon or oppossum, or the neighbor's cat.

Have a great weekend!

 
At November 08, 2008 9:49 AM, Blogger Alipurr said...

the girls say to call him Skunky or Stinky, he he

should we buy him a collar with a bell for Christmas????

 
At November 08, 2008 9:50 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

Oh I think he is cute. I have friends who have a skunk as a pet. It is inside and she carries him around every where. he lays his head on her shoulder and snuggles right up to them. He doesn't spray.

 
At November 09, 2008 10:18 AM, Blogger MrsGreenThumb said...

Very cute but better left outdoors. I can only imagine what would happen if it came in through the pet door and was confronted by one of your cats. Holy moly, you'd have to move.
LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home