Friday, February 13, 2009

You Are Loved!

I am sending this little bit of love to all my friends and especially my family on this very special Valentine's Day. Since I'm suffering from a nasty cold and bronchitis, and I don't want you to get sick from contact with me, I'm sending a virtual hug to those I love -- and you K.N.O.W. who you are.

Here it is Friday the 13th and true to form several things have gone wrong for me today. What has gone right, however, is this little bit of heaven and mood elevator from darling daughter Alipurr which arrived today. It came just in time to make me feel especially loved. Husband has been plying me with chocolates all week (I let him have some too for being so nice to me) and doing double-duty trying to make me healthy, but this was a super surprise that arrived late this afternoon.

Thank you daughter for being so sweet, thoughtful, and loving. I feel better already. Thanks to my sweet grandchildren for calling to see if I was getting better and thanks for the sloppy kisses last Thursday. Thanks also to Natasha for the lovely letter in which she professed her love for me and wished me a Happy Valentine's Day. Thanks to my sister, the desert gardener, who has been faithfully checking up on me every day (sometimes several times a day). Thanks to Susie for your kind words of encouragement. Thanks to Sandy, especially for three nice phone calls in one day -- hope you and Jimmy have a loving day tomorrow spent doing something nice for each other. Thanks to my son and daughter-in-law for keeping in touch and always having nice things to say. Thanks to my personal physician for the prescriptions and the two nice shots in both hips (ouch). I'm really feeling better already.

And finally, thanks to my wonderful husband for being so patient with me all week. I don't want to make you sick by kissing you on the lips so this will have to do instead.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At February 13, 2009 7:20 PM, Blogger tomlaureld@yahoo.com said...

Love ya

 
At February 13, 2009 7:48 PM, Blogger Alipurr said...

love you, mom, I am glad you liked the flowers :)

 
At February 14, 2009 4:56 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Dearest L,
So wonderful to see a post from you, even though I'm so sorry you're coping with a miserable cold and bronchitis. Hope you feel much better soon!
Love your beautiful flowers!
Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day my friend (is chicken soup on the menu??)
xoxo

 
At February 15, 2009 8:25 PM, Blogger MrsGreenThumb said...

Nice flowers. l got some too, tho not as nice as yours. It's the thought that counts. Hope you're well enough to go to work this week. In a few weeks, the weather will warm up and hopefully all the winter colds will disappear. My seedlings for the garden are popping up from the starter trays. That's a sign of spring. Keep warm and drink chicken soup.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home