Monday, February 02, 2009

Family Ice Storm Update


This is Motherkitty's daughter, Kittenyarn. I was able to talk to Mom and Dad on the phone and they are ok, even though they still have no electricity. They have a gas water heater, so they can take a shower. They have a gas stove, so they can use the burners to heat the house in the daytime, and also to cook.


They have been helping neighbors with food and letting them sleep over at their house. My mom has gone back to work on some days. They have a grocery store open so they can get some food/supplies.It is still pretty bad though.


Most of the people in their town and county remain without electricity. For most of last week, they also had no water. The water is back on, though, so that is good.Here where I am, my electricity was off from Wednesday morning til Friday afternoon, if I remember correctly. Everyone is doing ok, and my dad just wanted me to post an update. Please direct any questions to Kittenyarn's comment section.....thanks for your support and prayers for my family and the people affected by this storm

2 Comments:

At February 03, 2009 9:45 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Thanks for the update, hopefully it will all melt away soon!

 
At February 04, 2009 9:05 AM, Blogger MrsGreenThumb said...

Time to buy a generator. This has gone on way too long. I wish there was something I could do for you. We take power, clean water, heat and hot water too much for granted. We all need to have an emergency plan and supplies for at least a couple of days. I hope you get your power back on sooner than later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home