Sunday, April 19, 2009

From Dennis

0300
Motherkitty has been sick for a couple of weeks. The week before Easter Sunday she went to the doctor and he gave her an antibiotic for a bad cold. She went to work Saturday (the day before Easter) and was told to go back home because she could not breath. She went to the doctor again Monday and he put her in the hospital thinking maybe she had pneumonia. Tuesday the doctor said she had pneumonia and prescribed breathing treatments. She had a strong reaction to the breathing treatments and they let her rest for a day. Thursday the doctor restarted the breathing treatments with a extremely mild dose and that is still working on the congestion in her lungs. She may go home Monday but her stamina has been hit hard (she feels like she has been run over by a truck).
She is catching up on her reading. She is reading Duma Key by Stephen King.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At April 19, 2009 10:45 AM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Motherkitty...Please get well soon. We're all sending our love & prayers your way for a complete recovery.
Love & Hugs from all the gang here in Berea.

 
At April 19, 2009 11:07 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Dearest MK,
I'm so sorry to hear you're so sick.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Get well soon!!
xoxo

 
At April 20, 2009 4:15 AM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

Oh NO. Motherkitty, I hope you get home soon, and recover quickly. Thinking of you,
XO Jelly

 
At April 20, 2009 9:24 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Thanks Dennis for letting us know. Get Well Soon Motherkitty! I read that book a couple of months ago - that should keep her occupied for quite a while. Take care of her!

 
At April 20, 2009 2:16 PM, Anonymous Sweetie said...

Thinking of you and sending good thoughts -- get well soon!

 
At April 21, 2009 3:03 PM, Blogger Motherkitty said...

Thanks, all my dear friends and family, for your well-wishes. Yes, I'm now home from the hospital -- thank goodness -- and couldn't be happier. Cough, cough. Can you hear the rumbles deep down in my lungs? Home with a "few" prescriptions and a nebulizer. I feel I'm on the mend but don't want to overdo it the first couple of days. Will know more after my checkup next Monday and will keep you informed. In the meantime, am making some Jewish penicillin this afternoon (homemade chicken soup) and son and DIL sent some eucalyptus oil and a cute little burner which they say will assist in my breathing by inhaling the fumes.

Again, dear friends, thanks for thinking of me during this terrible time. I can't remember feeling so sick in my life. It's horrible not to be able to catch one's breath and to wheeze with every exhalation. Makes you appreciate clean air.

Love to you all. Motherkitty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home