Thursday, December 15, 2005

Happy Anniversary, Husband

Today is the 15th of December and we are celebrating our 37th wedding anniversary today. Even though it seems just like any other day of the week, today marks a milestone in our history together.

We are on the downward slippery slope of reaching our 40th wedding anniversary, which to my mind is a major event. When you think about being with one person for that many years, it makes you wonder what your life would have been like if we had not met that fateful day when you came to my apartment in Chicago or if I had not accepted the wisdom of moving to Kentucky.

Even though we have stood at the crossroads many times during the past 37 years, I can see the victories and the triumphs in our decisions. We have two wonderful children and two wonderful grandchildren. This is our legacy and our fortune.

Thanks for making me leave Chicago in 1968 and becoming a country girl, y'all. Instead of going to Woodstock, I stayed home and had babies. I learned to like getting my hands dirty in the garden and I now own a pair of jeans. So, husband, happy anniversary.

5 Comments:

At December 15, 2005 10:37 AM, Blogger tomlaureld@yahoo.com said...

Happy 38th Mother Kitty
Love Tomas

 
At December 15, 2005 2:29 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!!

PS Motherkitty, did you see my second comment on your George Carlin post?

 
At December 15, 2005 6:23 PM, Blogger Alipurr said...

http://kittenyarn.blogspot.com/, see Happy Newlyweds

 
At December 15, 2005 10:08 PM, Blogger Motherkitty said...

Hey, Jelly, yes, I did see your second comment about the dream. I have posted a 1969 picture of the two of us. We certainly don't look like this today, but you get the picture (pun intended).

Boy, would I love to come to Australia. My sister and her husband are planning a two-week trip in February to visit an old school friend of ours and to do some sight-seeing. Our friend lives south of Sydney with her husband on a place in the country. She worked in a lab for many years and she and her husband are now retired. I think he's an orchestra conductor and she's a musician. Very interesting folks.

Thanks for the good wishes on our anniversary.

 
At December 16, 2005 8:41 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Happy Anniversary! I just said that on Alice's blog (http://heathhill.blogspot.com/), she is celebrating her 38th also. Congratulations on a long time together, and many more years to come!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home