Tuesday, February 14, 2006

This Is Jeopardy!

My blogfriend Susan sent me a long list of trivia that I really liked a lot. She knows that I love trivia and has even suggested that I try out to be a contestant on Jeopardy.

I have watched Jeopardy since its inception in 1964 with Art Fleming as host. This show has evolved from a cutesy daytime piece of fluff entertainment to a whiz-kid, big money brain teaser. Don't you wish you were Ken Jennings and had his brainpower?

I love it. In fact, I'm so passionate about this show that my family knows not to talk to me or call me when my show is on. When they are visiting at the house, all activities come to a standstill at 4:00 p.m. when those familiar words and goofy music come over the television speakers, "This Is Jeopardy." Time to play.

I have taken Susan's long list and pared it down to 15 very "interesting" facts, some or most of which you have probably never heard of. I thought it would be fun to have you test your knowledge and play along with me to my own version of Jeopardy.

How can cats move their ears in so many directions and independently? A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.

Why doesn't a crocodile taste his food before he gulps it? A crocodile cannot stick out its tongue.

Why did the freshwater fish forget to send a Valentine's Day card? A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.

What slimy creature gets more sleep than I do? A snail can sleep for three years.

Why does the ostrich look in a hole in the ground when it gets frightened? An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

What is the reason babies learn to crawl before they can walk? Babies are born without kneecaps. They don't appear until the child reaches 2 to 6 years of age.

Why do cats caterwaul and dogs look at you hangdoggedly? Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds. Dogs only have about 10.

Why can't husbands be tamed? In the last 4,000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.

What's the cause of half of the expressway wrecks caused by drivers with bad colds? It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.

What is the leading cause of the "Busybody Syndrome"? Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.

Why is dynamite so explosive and deadly? Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.

Why was the most important and time-saving appliance in kitchens invented? The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.

Why should we be very, very afraid of Bird Flu? There are more chickens than people in the world.

Which Flintstone character got the royal snub of all time? There's no Betty Rubble in the Flintstones Chewables Vitamins.

Why is acid reflux disease the biggest complaint heard by physicians? Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks; otherwise it will digest itself.

So, how did you do? If you were able to answer all the questions, you get the Ken Jennings award. If you only were able to answer some of the questions, you get the Motherkitty award. But, if you were stumped by most of the questions, well, I guess you shouldn't consider being a contestant on Jeopardy. Maybe you could try out for The Price Is Right?

Thanks, Susan, for brightening my day and tickling my brain synapses a little.

15 Comments:

At February 14, 2006 3:25 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

Cool post, Motherkitty!

I can imagine you on a quiz show. You could apply for one, and 'train' in the meantime. Have you thought about it, seriously?

 
At February 14, 2006 3:39 PM, Blogger Alipurr said...

sometimes we call motherkitty at 4:25 just to annoy her....And now for Final Jeopardy.....just teasing

I have only done this by accident...

 
At February 14, 2006 6:54 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Kitty - Hmmmmm, those were tough! I used to get annoyed when I'd watch Jeopardy as well when people started talking. You'd have to do the shhhhhhh to them. ;)

Btw, Happy Valentines Day!

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At February 14, 2006 7:17 PM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

I bet alipurr only did that once! Glad you enjoyed the list, just thought of your trivia passion when I saw it.

 
At February 15, 2006 1:03 AM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

That was good Motherkitty...and you should sign up and try to appear on Jeopardy...we'd all watch and cheer you on.

 
At February 15, 2006 8:03 AM, Blogger Wystful1 said...

Hi! Came over from Moogie's blog and couldn't help but leave a comment....I love Jeopardy, but I'm not good at it. You really need to seriously consider entering and trying out!! Good luck

 
At February 15, 2006 9:07 AM, Blogger Franny said...

I love Jeopardy too! I just wish the kids would let me watch it sometimes...especially the grade school Jeopardy, when I can actually answer all the questions!

I didn't know about Betty Rubble. I loved those vitamins...even Dino made the cut!

And happy valentines to you too!

 
At February 15, 2006 10:04 AM, Blogger tomlaureld@yahoo.com said...

I think I put my wrong name on the form. Will that deduck from my final score of .15 on the 9 point scale.

 
At February 15, 2006 10:14 AM, Blogger Motherkitty said...

Thanks to all my great blogfriends for your encouragement and kind remarks. Welcome also to Wystful1 who ventured over from Moogie's blog. Thanks for stopping in. I will be sure to check your blog out.

I think I would seriously love to be a contestant on Jeopardy but I'm such a wuss about applying. I have this fear of buzzing in and just freezing, unable to answer a single question. Everyone across the US will think "how did this dunce get on the show?" Maybe next year if they're auditioning near us.

I really enjoyed your comments. BTW, Alipurr really has only called me accidently just once before Final Jeopardy. Now, my sister -- that's another story!!!! I think she used to call me just as an annoyance. Since she's my sister, however, I forgave her for about five minutes.

 
At February 15, 2006 8:54 PM, Blogger somershade said...

I'm more of a price is right girl, thanks for the laugh,especialy the hubby one.happy valentines to you. Thanks for the warning incase I am at your house this year at 4:00
this year, hope so

 
At February 16, 2006 7:22 AM, Blogger TUFFENUF said...

Sure, you can answer those questions, but have you tried Mymedicare.com questions? If you want to get really confused, try choosing a prescription plan!!! -that will give you a fear of buzzing in!

 
At February 16, 2006 1:36 PM, Blogger Judypatooote said...

Jeopardy was my hubby's favorite show....like you, no one talked during Jeopardy.....he also was very good at answering the questions.....Every Christmas when the whole family got together, they would play Jeopardy. We had a brass mouse that was the trophy and it would go home with who ever won the game.......it was at my house after Jim died and for lori's 40th birthday I wrapped it up and gave it to her......she was a great player too.....Lori and her dad loved getting their minds a working.....thanks for bringing back that memory for me......

 
At February 16, 2006 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great trivia. very pithy, too :)

 
At February 17, 2006 9:40 AM, Blogger Motherkitty said...

Hey, everybody. Thanks for all your wonderful comments. Pithy, indeed, Dr. C. And, Donny Y, thanks for stopping in. I visit your site a lot and have enjoyed your posts. Everybody, you really must visit Dr. C's site -- you will enjoy it and learn a lot about giving the right clues when examining patients. Too funny for words.

You guys are great, and this post, thanks to Susan, was a fun one to put together.

 
At February 18, 2006 6:40 PM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

And for the daily double Jeopardy question:
"Who co-starred in the movie BAD KITTY?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home