Sunday, December 10, 2006

My excuse for not blogging


Several people have asked me why I haven't blogged anything lately. They hoped I was okay and wasn't sick, hurt, depressed, lost, or nothing else bad was happening to me.

Thank you, everyone, for your concern over my welfare. No, I'm not sick, hurt, depressed, lost, too busy, too bored, or too lazy. I've been plagued not only by sadness thinking about my mother, but also by a lack of anything clever and witty to say (not that this post is either). I sometimes get very quiet when I'm crabby. Just ask my husband. He can tell you about my crabbiness.

It's not as if I'm an old bah, humbug sort of person. I absolutely L.O.V.E Christmas. In fact, for someone not of the Christian faith, I'm more "into" Christmas than a lot of people. Kerri thinks I'm soooo organized. This year I got my act together and everything is done except for shopping and cooking for company.

For my thoughts on Christmas, read this.

Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Let your heart be light
From now on,
our troubles will be out of sight

Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Make the Yule-tide gay,
From now on,
our troubles will be miles away.

Here we are as in olden days,
Happy golden days of yore.
Faithful friends who are dear to us
Gather near to us once more.

Through the years
We all will be together,
If the Fates allow
Hang a shining star upon the highest bough.
And have yourself A merry little Christmas now.

*Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas!

The heart-warming Christmas song “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas” was immortalized by Judy Garland when she sang this song to Margaret O’Brien in the movie “Meet Me In St. Louis”. It brought tears to the eyes of the audience. The lyricist for “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas” was Ralph Blane and the haunting music was composed by Hugh Martin. The song “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas was first published in 1943. The title of “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas” is undoubtedly one of the saddest Christmas songs of the century.

My wish for family and friends is that you ALL have a Merry Big Christmas filled with joy and happiness. For those who are alone, know that our thoughts are with you. For those who are facing some hard challenges in the days and weeks ahead, know that our prayers are for your well-being. For those who are despondent, know that there are those who love you. For those who feel lost, know that there is Amazing Grace in this world. After all, compared to some other places in this world, we do enjoy a wonderful life.

12 Comments:

At December 10, 2006 10:02 AM, Blogger Susie said...

I'm so glad to see you post! I went back and read your post from last Nov.
Since I wasn't reading you then, that was all new to me!
I love how you have embraced the spirit of the season and the joy of celebrating.
I am s.o.o.o.o envious of your organization!
I wish I could get finished, but I just keep getting sidetracked by, well, life...
((hugs))

 
At December 10, 2006 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wondered about you. We all get sidetracked from time to time, and it's so much easier this time of year. All the memories and responsibility can weigh us down, even if it is generally happy stuff.

I hope you get to feeling a little less crabby. I know all about that, being as it's my normal state!

Happy Holidays to you and yours, and I'm still counting on that meal at Patti's after the new year...

 
At December 10, 2006 8:17 PM, Blogger Rosa said...

So glad to see you back. I call it crumpy. I get that way too. There is so much going on during this Season, we all have to have our moments, don't we now! Hugs!

 
At December 10, 2006 10:29 PM, Blogger Smalltown RN said...

What a lovely post....worth the wait...you know how to say it girl!!! Hey I have tagged you...go check out my blog and see what to do....cheers my friend...

 
At December 11, 2006 12:41 AM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I know that you miss your mother very much and especially around the holidays...It's okay to be sad and crabby, just as long as you get over it *LOL* and get back to blogging. I always loved that song and I never thought of it as a sad song...funny how we each interpret songs differently.

 
At December 11, 2006 7:38 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

You too? I just don't have much to say on Blogger, was wondering why...

But if you have it too, I won't worry about it, it must be going around, and will pass by eventually!

Thinking of you!

 
At December 12, 2006 12:24 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

I agree with Mary Anne, this was worth the wait. I was also getting concerned for you.

I get quiet when I am crabby also. Is that happneing with our age? I hope everyone who still have all their loved ones know how very special that in itself is during the holidays.

It is this time of year when I always seem to miss my parents the most. We have alot in common MK.

 
At December 12, 2006 6:19 AM, Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

I enjoy the wonderful decorations but hate the pressure to buy things and make everything perfect.
Memories can be tough. My grandmother (and last surviving grandparent) died the day after Christmas four years ago. Hope there are some good memories that make you happy too!

 
At December 12, 2006 9:50 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I understand your feelings very well. I always thought that was a sad song, too. It always reminds me of what I've heard about the Depression. Your ending comments were very appropriate for the holiday season and for all year. We are all more fortunate than many, aren't we?

 
At December 13, 2006 5:39 AM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

I'm feeling the same - nothing much to say.

It's a busy time of year, and all the activity can be stressful as well as fun.

I'm mentally taking some nice deep breaths right now, wanna join me?!

 
At December 16, 2006 8:38 AM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Merry Christmas Motherkitty!
and thanks for the newsletter. I just wanted to let you know that I won't be blogging much until Christmas is over.
Love you

 
At December 17, 2006 1:54 AM, Blogger Gwen said...

Hi..Love that song,popped in to wish you and your family all the best for "CHRISTMAS"x x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home