Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thanksgiving, a day for giving thanks


Last year, as Thanksgiving approached, I posted this. This year, although I am still thankful for these same sentiments, I am also grateful that we are all still here to be able to say we are thankful.

We look forward to spending Thursday with family and enjoying the fellowship and the food. Husband and I will be joining SIL's family for the Thanksgiving meal. We will not be alone as so many will be.

On Saturday, we will be having another Thanksgiving at our house. In addition to family, joining us this year will be two of our dearest friends. We are very thankful they will be with us.

We are also thankful for the new baby who will be here in May 2007. We are counting the days until we learn whether to purchase pink or blue things.

We are sad that son and DIL will be unable to be home for Thanksgiving and for son's birthday on the 28th. We do wish him a very happy birthday even if we can't celebrate together.

We are thankful that I have a new knee and can finally walk through Wal-Mart without pain.

I am thankful I still have my sense of humor. I'm just happy that Maxine is no relative of mine and I don't have to eat at her house.


This is how Maxine cooks her turkey for Thanksgiving.

"How To Cook A Turkey"

Step 1: Go buy a turkey
Step 2: Take a drink of whiskey
Step 3: Put turkey in the oven
Step 4: Take another 2 drinks of whiskey
Step 5: Set the degree at 375 ovens
Step 6: Take 3 more whiskeys of drink
Step 7: Turk the bastey
Step 8: Whiskey another bottle of get
Step 9: Ponder the meat thermometer
Step 10: Glass yourself a pour of whiskey
Step 11: Bake the whiskey for 4 hours
Step 12: Take the oven out of the turkey
Step 13: Floor the turkey up off of the pick
Step 14: Turk the carvey
Step 15: Get yourself another scottle of botch
Step 16: Tet the sable and pour yourself a glass of turkey
Step 17: Bless the dinner and pass out

Thank you Maxine.

Finally, I am so thankful for all my dear blogfriends. You have made my life joyful, serene, and interesting. Without you, I probably would have lost my mind in my retirement. There is only so much "togetherness" that husband and I can stand. (That's why my computer is in one room and his is in another.)

So, dear friends, enjoy your Thanksgiving this Thursday and don't eat too much. Pace yourselves as there are at least six weeks to go before the new year and you don't want to ruin your diets on the first go-round. What you put on now will haunt you later. You might be sorry you ate that second piece of pumpkin pie with the whipped cream.

11 Comments:

At November 21, 2006 10:48 PM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I think I'll try Maxine's recipe for roasting a turkey. *LOL*
And the cream pie might come in handy.hehe
Don't eat too much and kiss the girls for me. I know you love to cook and your dinner will be delicious.

 
At November 21, 2006 10:49 PM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

And Happy Thanksgiving.

 
At November 22, 2006 1:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving MK...I am also so thankful that I have met you, and we have shared some good times in the past year.

Oh go ahead and have that second piece of pie!

 
At November 22, 2006 5:19 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Great post! "Thankful to be able to walk through Wal-Mart" love it.

Maxine as always is right on the money.

Hope you have a great holiday, don't work too hard cooking, enjoy the family and friends.

Thanks for being there!

 
At November 22, 2006 8:58 AM, Blogger somershade said...

happy Thanksgiving. wish you could be here with us tomorrow, we miss you already.
Great pictures of the kids.I copied Eli's picture for my collection.We miss him too.He's so handsome.

 
At November 22, 2006 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Motherkitty! Enjoy and take care. --Sweetie

 
At November 22, 2006 12:56 PM, Blogger Alipurr said...

will be seeing you tomorrow....I usually don't worry about diets and such, so normally I would have 2 pieces of pumpkin pie with whipped cream, no problem.....

being pregnant, though, probably will eat little bits at a time and hope for the best. I have found that there is not much room down there for much of anything, and if I eat too much, I really regret it.

Been taking a break today and we have all been lounging around....Gonna go eat lunch #2, my tummy is starting to get upset...ha ha

 
At November 23, 2006 12:06 AM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

We are thankful for you, too, Motherkitty. Happy Thanksgiving.

And if you're not having your second piece of pumpkin pie, I'll eat it for you....sllllllurp!

 
At November 23, 2006 1:48 PM, Blogger Franny said...

Thanks! And happy thanksgiving to you too. (Ok, ours was a month ago, but I'll take your warm wishes anytime!)

 
At November 24, 2006 9:17 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

Thanks for the warm wishes dear Motherkitty. I trust your celebration was full of blessings...good food, good fun. Ours was wonderful.
I ate apple pie tonight, pumpkin last night. I love Thanksgiving leftovers!
I see Ms. Piggy (Jelly) is not worrying about her waistline :)

 
At November 24, 2006 11:08 PM, Blogger Susie said...

My bloglines no longer works for anyone, so I'm checking everyone as I get time. I would have sworn I commented on this post, but I don't see it. Very strange..
Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving (belated) to one of my favorite people in blogland) Are you still stuffed???
xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home