Saturday, January 16, 2010

What Dedication!

Dr. Sanjay Gupta

This is the face of a true American Hero -- one of many who are working tirelessly and altruistically to ease the burden of the overwhelmed and afflicted in Haiti.

I awoke in my comfortable home early this morning to a report on CNN from Haiti. During the night, U.N. workers forced doctors and nurses to abandon a medical treatment tent because of an alleged threat of violence. The only people who courageously remained to treat the wounded were Dr. Sanjay Gupta and a medic. They had practically no supplies because the doctors and medical personnel were forced to take their supplies with them when they left. And, the generator in the tent failed during the night because of a lack of fuel. But, Dr. Gupta and the medic, my heroes, remained to care for the people who would have surely died without their care.

I am certain there are many more instances of this type of heroism being carried out during this crisis. This act of dedication and unselfishness brought an ache to my heart though. I wish there were more of us just like Dr. Gupta in this world. Maybe a lot of hatred, anger, revenge, murder, bigotry, envy, ignorance, and torture would vanish like a morning fog if we thought more of others than ourselves.

I wish I could give a hug to all those brave souls who are doing what I wish I could do to help the poor people of Haiti during the aftermath of this tragic disaster. This virtual hug will have to do. Dr. Gupta, please accept my thanks for all you do for others.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At January 20, 2010 4:04 AM, Blogger Alipurr said...

you are right about that mom...if more of us thought of others more things would be different

good post mom

 
At January 20, 2010 8:46 AM, Blogger MrsGreenThumb said...

I wonder how we would act under these circumstances. How many people have the moral fortitude to act so selflessly? I applaud all the men and women who have traveled to Haiti to help during this tragedy.

 
At June 24, 2010 9:54 AM, Blogger Mia Celeste said...

Wow, I didn't know this about Dr. Sanjay Gupta. Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home