Monday, February 20, 2006

Snowy weather

Okay, so we've had a bit of snow over the weekend. We've stayed in watching the Olympics, NASCAR, UK basketball, a few movies, the news, eating, sleeping, flipping to the weather channel, and watching the snow come down. We even thought it was amusing to watch the cats come into the house covered with snowflakes. Because we've become a little snow crazy, I thought I would share a little snow humor with you. It might just brighten your day a bit (as it did mine). These are dedicated especially for those who found themselves in a similar circumstance this past weekend.

Now I KNOW that none of you would do this in your front yard!

After the last cartoon, I KNOW where your minds are!


Do you sometimes feel like you are being held up by some silly wabbit?

Take heart. Winter is almost over for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere. We've seen tempting clues that spring is just around the corner. Just last week I saw daffodils and crocuses blooming and there were trees budding. Spring is almost here (I hope).

In the meantime, we are definitely getting out of this house today. My mantra for the day, MUST GET GROCERIES, MUST GET GROCERIES, MUST GET GROCERIES.

Watch out for those tricky wabbits.

5 Comments:

At February 20, 2006 9:33 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Great cartoons! Thanks, I needed a laugh today. Hope you get out soon.

 
At February 20, 2006 10:05 AM, Blogger Alipurr said...

very cute and funny. seen these before but a good reminder. they also remind of calvin's snow goons

 
At February 20, 2006 11:14 AM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

The comics are very funny. We had some snow melt-off yesterday, but woke up to more new snow again today.

You can only stay in for so long...but I have neglected the TV set and have spent my time perusing the ethernet in search of blogs to read. I have found many interesting people around the world, with diverse interests...some of which I didn't dare leave a comment.

My cats go outside for about 30 seconds and turn right around...No little wet, cold feet for them.

Go out and get your groceries and enjoy yourself...But no riding on the grocery cart in the parking lot, on your way to the truck.

Have you noticed how the parking lots are all slanted away from the store? I know that is to keep water out of the store...but it makes for a perfect downhill ride. It should be an Olypic event.

 
At February 20, 2006 11:15 AM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I left out the "m" in Olympic...but I guess you knew what I meant.

 
At February 20, 2006 3:47 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

These are great and made me smile :)
(no small feat seeing as I've been up all night with stage 2 of The Gastro - Laura, Fatty and I this time. Erk erk double erk!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home