Saturday, March 25, 2006

Oh, happy day!

We just received news this morning to make this Motherkitty's heart sing.

Son and his wife are coming to visit. They are leaving San Diego on April 1st and driving all the way to the hills of Kentucky just to see us. We have not seen them since Christmas 2004, so this visit will be especially happy.

I have put everyone here on alert. This means that we have exactly one week to get our houses clean! (Where's that magic genie when I need him?)

We will also be celebrating not only my birthday a little early, but we will be celebrating DIL's birthday. I think I will take everybody out for seafood. Seafood's good and will fit into our diet. I have an unused gift certificate left over from Christmas at a very nice seafood house and I'm sure daughter, son, and the family will enjoy it.

It will be so nice to have the family together again, even for a short while. I hope they will be able to be here when I have my surgery on the 10th.

Eli’s Comin’

W
ritten by Laura Nyro
As recorded by Three Dog Night

Eli's comin'
Eli's comin' (Eli's a-comin')
Well you better hide your heart, your loving heart
Eli's a-comin' and the cards say... a broken heart
Eli's comin', hide your heart, girl
Eli's comin', hide your heart, girl
Girl, Eli's a-comin', you better hide
Girl, Eli's a-comin', you better hide
Girl, Eli's a-comin', you better hide
Girl, Eli's comin', hide your heart, girl (hide it)
You better, better hide your heart
Eli's comin', better walk
Walk but you'll never get away
No, you'll never get away from the burnin' a-heartache
I walked to Apollo by the bay
Everywhere I go though, Eli's a-comin'
(she walked but she never got away)
Eli's a-comin' (she walked but she never got away)
Eli's a-comin' and he's comin' to git ya
(she walked but... she walked but...)
Get down on your knees (she walked but she never got away)
Eli's comin' (hide it, hide it, hide it)
Girl, Eli's a-comin', you better hide
Girl, Eli's a-comin', you better hide
Girl, Eli's a-comin', you better hide
Girl, Eli's comin', hide your heart, girl (hide it)
You better, better hide your heart
Eli's comin', better walk
Walk but you'll never get away
No, you'll never get away from the burnin' a-heartache
I walked to Apollo by the bay
Everywhere I go though, Eli's a-comin'
(she walked but she'll never get away)
Eli's a-comin' (she walked but she'll never get away)
Eli's a-comin' and he's comin' to git ya
(she walked but... she walked but...)
Get down on your knees (she walked but she'll never get away)
Get down on your knees
No-no, no-no
Lord, I said no-no, no-no, no-no
(hide it) She can
(hide it) hide it
(hide it) You better
(hide it) Somebody
(hide it) You got t'
(hide it) Oh, my
(hide it) Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh

16 Comments:

At March 25, 2006 8:59 AM, Blogger Heather said...

That's great news, Motherkitty!

 
At March 25, 2006 10:30 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Great news! I love it when all my family is together.

 
At March 25, 2006 11:04 AM, Blogger Lillee said...

I'm Happy for you Kitty. And I love the Cat picture, that's a hoot.
Also, good luck on Weight Watchers. I've had several friends lose alot of weight with their program, I even considered it myself.

 
At March 25, 2006 1:56 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

Yay! It's been a long time since you've seen your son - no wonder you are so looking forward to seeing him.

The seafood dinner sounds perfect.

I'm very happy for you.

 
At March 25, 2006 6:00 PM, Blogger The Four Bears in the Woods said...

That is great news to hear! It is so nice to see you are bursting with joy!!!

I know you guys will have a good time.

Tell Eli and wife Hi from the 4Bears.

Love ya,
Mama Bear

 
At March 25, 2006 6:34 PM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I can feel your excitement from here and I can just imagine you dancing when you heard the news. I'm sure you will have the time of your life.

 
At March 25, 2006 9:15 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

That's a real reason to purr! I can understand your excitement, having not seen your son and his wife in so long. I hope they'll be able to stay for a nice long visit. We all need company to get the house in shape :) Have fun!

 
At March 26, 2006 11:07 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

How exciting!! They are going to have a long drive. What a nice visit you'll have. Hope they can stay a good while.

The seafood sounds yummy too!

 
At March 26, 2006 7:05 PM, Blogger doubleknot said...

How happy I am for you. I am sure a great time will be had by all.
Love the kitty picture - it really is smiling.

 
At March 27, 2006 6:47 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Good news indeed, hope all goes well. Glad you are willing to go out and eat (back on the horse), just make sure it is HOT! Hope you have a good visit.

 
At March 27, 2006 7:17 AM, Blogger bornfool said...

I'm so happy for you. I've made that trip a couple of times. he's got some fun driving ahead of him.

One of the first albums I ever owned was Three Dog night, Golden Biscuit, given to me by my Aunt because she had two copies. It has Eli's Coming.

 
At March 27, 2006 7:44 AM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Eli should be here by the end of the week...have they called, are they already on their way?

Don't overdue to the point that you will be laid up when they arrive...remember, Eli used to live there, and they will be coming to see YOU and not the house.

 
At March 27, 2006 8:32 AM, Blogger Motherkitty said...

AIP, I don't think they are leaving SD until Friday or Saturday. I'm guessing they will take three days to get here. They think they can make it in two, but I think 15 hours is too much driving for one day. They should be here Monday or Tuesday of next week. We are excited and making slow progress on the house. It's almost like spring cleaning, and who likes that.

 
At March 27, 2006 8:35 AM, Blogger MrsGreenThumb said...

That's great, I know you have missed seeing Eli. It's been a while. Our kids all have busy lives. Take it easy and don't make yourself crazy with cleaning and cooking. You can enjoy the kids just as well with dust bunnies under the beds. :)

 
At March 27, 2006 8:09 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Kitty - Awww that kitty pict is adorable!

Good luck with the house cleaning mission! 7 Days should be plenty. I hear Mr. Clean is on vacation so you're out of luck there! ;)

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At March 28, 2006 9:48 AM, Blogger K said...

What a sweet pic. Have a great time with the visit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home