Thursday, March 23, 2006

Getting back into the swing of blogging

I'm sure some of you loyal blogger pals have noticed a lack of new posts from me lately. I assure you that there's a perfectly good explanation why I haven't written anything new since we returned home from Little Sister's birthday party. It's all because of poor judgment.

That's right. Poor judgment in ordering food at a nationally known franchise restaurant with a menu full of pretty pictures.

When we were out of town last weekend everyone decided they wanted to eat at the restaurant with the big red apple in its logo. I should have known better, that's all I can say. We had a large party and it took some maneuvering to get everyone seated. It also took a bit of time before we had our menus and decided on our drinks. Our waiter was attentive and we spent some time oohing and aahing over the pretty pictures of all the pretty dishes offered at this particular culinary haven.

After much contemplation, I succumbed to ordering a perfectly innocent-looking shrimp dish with penne pasta and a parmesan cream sauce (mistake number two -- actually mistake number one was choosing this particular restaurant). After a lot of time, our order FINALLY was delivered to our table. This is where the regrets start. There were several mistakes in the orders. I received the food I ordered but several others didn't. When I tasted my dish, I subconsciously noticed that the food in the bottom of the bowl was definitely hotter than that on the top of the bowl -- which means they didn't nuke it enough.

(My family always kids me because the minimum time I nuke anything that will enter my digestive track is five minutes. If the food is not volcanic after that length of time, in it goes for another five minutes. I fear germs in food because they tend to make me sick.)

Anyway, even after realizing that my food really wasn't hot enough, I foolishly did not send it back for that additional fire-breathing-dragon nuking. I ate it instead.

I will not bore you with the gory details of what happened next. All I will say is that it took about four days to start feeling "normal" again. Note to self: never order anything with a cream sauce in any restaurant, never eat off a buffet, and never eat anything out in public that isn't sizzling, steaming hot directly from the grill.

As promised, here are several pictures from the party. Everyone had a wonderful time and Little Sister will certainly remember this event for a long time. She was so cute as were all the little kids.






Little Sister enjoying her very own birthday cupcake. The pink frosting matched her pink shirt.










Little Sister is helping Dancer Girl fill goody bags for the birthday guests. They did a good job of helping mommy.




Despite several "unnatural" events, the party was a complete success and we were so happy to have spent the time enjoying family and friends. Poor old Cucoo, however, is having a particularly rough time and we hope he is rescued pretty soon. Be sure to follow his adventures at Abandoned in Pasadena's site.

12 Comments:

At March 23, 2006 8:05 AM, Blogger MrsGreenThumb said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At March 23, 2006 8:06 AM, Blogger MrsGreenThumb said...

MrsGreenThumb said...
You still don't believe me, take non-dairy probiotics and some metamucil. It will cure those problems in less than a day. The probiotics replace the natural fauna in your digestive tract and the metamucil bulks up and calms down the spasms. I'm an expert at these kind of problems! Listen to your sister. I'm glad the party was fun. Little sister looks so cute with the frosting on her face. Wish we could have been there.

 
At March 23, 2006 9:09 AM, Blogger tomlaureld@yahoo.com said...

Motherkitty sure did have some "Did those lightning bolts come from heaven?" days. And yesterday was a "Oh Jesus why didn't I work out more days"
But this gal is a fighter and will come out fighting and be in great shape after her new shiny knee.

 
At March 23, 2006 9:13 AM, Blogger The Four Bears in the Woods said...

I am so sorry you got ill after the dinner.Papa Bear was not too pleased with this restaraunt either.

I am glad to see you are back to blogging we missed you. We had a great time with you guys and hope we can do it again sometime soon.

Take care.

Mama Bear

 
At March 23, 2006 11:12 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Glad you are feeling better, can sympathize (been there done that). Sounds like a great party otherwise!

 
At March 23, 2006 11:31 AM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Sorry you got ill at the restaurant...It's one of my favorite places to eat, but I was one of those that didn't get what I ordered. By the time we ate all those appetizers, I was no longer hungry and didn't eat much of my food.

The party was a great success and I really have to applaud Alipurr for such organization and the fun things she planned for the kids. All the kids really had a good time. The pictures you posted of the girls are really cute.

The visit with you, Tomas, Kitten Yarn and the rest of the family was great...we all had a great time and everyone had fun this weekend.

The Four Bears in the Woods have pictures of Cucoo posted today, of the trip. I would like to think that Cucoo is safe somewhere and having a great time. They also have pictures of the party posted too.

I'm glad that you are feeling much better.

 
At March 23, 2006 12:13 PM, Blogger bornfool said...

I've had a similar experience at the same restaurant chain. I've vowed never to darken their door again. Glad you're feeling better.

 
At March 23, 2006 1:43 PM, Blogger Alipurr said...

I say listen to your sister this time....probiotics are good for you...no telling how much good bacteria in your body has been destroyed by antibiotics.....i am glad you are feeling better, though...You know me, i would rather you speak up and get your food right than stay quiet and risk the results....you may think people may not like you when you are demanding, but hey, you are paying big bucks for a meal and deserve hot fresh food

 
At March 23, 2006 10:28 PM, Blogger Lillee said...

We have a resturant, same chain, in our town and I've heard similar complaints. Let's get rid of them.
By the way, you have a beautiful family.

 
At March 24, 2006 7:14 AM, Blogger doubleknot said...

The girls are so adorable. Glad the party went well.
Sorry you got sick. Never ate at the big red apple resturant but now I am forwarned.

 
At March 24, 2006 3:51 PM, Blogger Alice said...

Glad you enjoyed the party despite the aftermath. Hope you're fully recovered now.

 
At March 25, 2006 9:08 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

So glad you had a wonderful time with your family in spite of the food mishap. The little girls must've enjoyed all that company so much! Hope you're feeling much better now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home