Saturday, July 29, 2006

Getting some R&R

Last Thursday husband and I spent the day running errands and then visiting the daughter and grandkids. Before enjoying a nice lunch at Cracker Barrel, the girls played on their new swing set. This was a joint gift from the grandparents and parents for Dancer Girl's upcoming fifth birthday. As you can see, both girls are having a very good time swinging in the summertime.
I think they really liked the present and it will give them plenty of opportunities to get rid of some of that excess energy they seem to have (and will help mom quite a bit).

Before we left to go eat, the girls took some time to smell the flowers.

Some of my blogging friends just participated in a Bloggy Tour of Homes. It was so interesting to see how some others live and blog. I was telling one of these friends about my blogging space and even though I didn't participate, I wanted to show everyone what I saw while I was sitting at my computer blogging last night. I don't have the nerve to show the rest of the mess I see when I'm blogging.

(I have been trying to download my final picture but I swear Blogger is getting more retarded [that's southern speak for ignert] every day. Oh, well, I'm going to try one more time. Maybe Blogger will be kinder to me now.)

This being a Saturday, husband and I are going to take some much-needed R&R today. It has rained the past several days, so the grass is wet and can't be mowed. It's too cool to swim, so I guess we will have to find something else to do. We spent all our money until the beginning of next month when we went to visit daughter and grandkids last Thursday, so I guess we will just have to hang around around the house reading, watching TV, or getting on each other's nerves.

I'm think I'm going to blog.

Addendum: I had to add the following joke just sent to me by a friend. I apologize in advance to all my blond friends.

Two blond girls were working for the city public works department. One would dig a hole and the other would follow behind her and fill the hole in. They worked up one side of the street, then down the other, then moved on to the next street, working furiously all day without rest, one girl digging a hole, the other girl filling it in again.

An onlooker was amazed at their hard work, but couldn't understand what they were doing. So he asked the hole digger, "I'm impressed by the effort you two are putting into your work, but I don't get it. Why do you dig a hole, only to have your partner follow behind and fill it up again?"

The hole digger wiped her brow and sighed. "Well, I suppose it probably looks odd because we're normally a three-person team. But today the girl who plants the trees called in sick."

7 Comments:

At July 29, 2006 10:25 AM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Is that Tiger Lily's paws & ears that I see?

Sometimes we just have to stay at home for some needed R & R too and sometimes for the same reason. We havent't had much rain and today is in the 70's and really nice.

The girls will get great enjoyment from their new swingset...we had one in our back yard, just like you and the kids really loved it. It's gone now and now they go for the hammock. It gets a good working out when Brandon is here...he loves it.

Enjoy your R&R.

 
At July 29, 2006 10:41 AM, Blogger Susie said...

I loved your little "flower children" pic! I have an almost identical one of my two granddaughters!
My dh and I had a great chuckle over the blonde joke!
:-)

 
At July 29, 2006 2:10 PM, Blogger Alipurr said...

the girls really like the new swing set! they had a lot of fun with grandma & grandpa, too

 
At July 29, 2006 4:24 PM, Blogger Judypatooote said...

I remember when my jenson was little she loved getting on her swing and hanging, and almost flying, and yelling look at me granny judy,,,,,because she knew my heart was in my mouth....why do they love to see our reaction so much..... the picture of the girls smelling the flowers is so precious.....I would make it into a 5x7 or 8x10 and hang it because it is so natural......

 
At July 29, 2006 6:21 PM, Blogger Lillee said...

What beautiful girls out smelling the flowers. If they are like my kids, summer is wearing thin and they are getting bored. I never remember being bored in the summer...kids these days....ha

 
At July 30, 2006 6:09 AM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

Love the photos of your grand-daughters with the flowers. They look like little fairies!

Now don't worry if your blogging area is messy - I'm sitting at my dining room table, which (apart from this corner)is heaped with clean washing in need of folding. I could fold it. But blogging is much more fun!

 
At July 30, 2006 8:36 AM, Blogger MrsGreenThumb said...

What a pleasure to see the kids enjoying the swing set, they are having a ball. That was the perfect gift for them, it will be used for years. Reminds me of when my kids were little. I'm sure Alipurr enjoys it that it burns a lot of energy and they are ready for bed at night. You are very lucky that you get to be with your grandchildren so often.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home