Monday, July 03, 2006

Here's to all you patriots out there

What are your plans for the Fourth of July? We are having some friends over, cooking out, swimming in the pool, and maybe seeing some fireworks down by the river later in the evening. Husband and I have been enjoying an extended holiday weekend so far by swimming every day, watching a few movies, eating good, and just generally hanging out. Anyway, wish you were here.

Hope you all have a WONDERFUL and SAFE Fourth of July. Remember, don't drink and drive, wear your seat belts and helmets (if you are driving a motorcycle), wear your lifejackets if you're in a boat, and don't dive off any high cliffs into the water.

For those of you who have asked if I have stopped blogging, I have not. I have been taking a little break because I have not had anything of interest to say. I didn't want to write about not feeling well. I think I've pretty much used up that category by now. I'm getting better but this recovery is taking longer than I expected (because I've been lazy about my exercises at home). I have continued to read your blogs and sometimes left comments just to let you know that I'm still here. I feel that sometimes it's better just to be quiet rather than bleating like a wounded lamb.

For those family members who will not be here with us (and vice versa) on this holiday, we hope you have a great time no matter where you are, who you are with, or what you are doing. For all our friends, enjoy yourselves.

Most of all, however, is that we remember what this holiday is all about. It's not about eating barbeque (although that's good), it's not about fireworks (although they are fun and pretty to watch), and it's not about swimming with our friends, but rather it's about celebrating our independence from tyranny when this nation was founded. It's also about the continuing struggle today for all peoples of this world to be free. Please remember our armed forces stationed around the world who are defending us.

6 Comments:

At July 03, 2006 10:39 AM, Blogger Alipurr said...

hey, i see you. will miss you tomorrow

 
At July 03, 2006 10:40 AM, Blogger MrsGreenThumb said...

Did you know that there is no record of all the people who have received a Purple Heart. There is a new museum being built in New York that is collecting stories and compiling a list of all the Purple Heart recipients. The address is: http://nysparks.state.ny.us/heritage/purple_hrt.asp

It's an interesting website. Check it out.

 
At July 03, 2006 10:43 AM, Blogger MrsGreenThumb said...

The whole address didn't show up. The rest is purple_hrt.asp or you can enter Purple Heart Hall of Fame into google and it will take you to the web site.

 
At July 03, 2006 7:07 PM, Blogger The Four Bears in the Woods said...

Glad to see you writing again Motherkitty! We have missed you. I live reading your posts.


Glad to hear also that you are slowly but surely on the road to feeling better.

I just wanted to say hi and wish you a Happy 4th of July from us 4Bears!

 
At July 03, 2006 9:56 PM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

What a surprise to visit your site and see two new posts. I haven't read the latest one yet, but will get to it as soon as I finish here.

It's nice to hear that you are socializing and having friends over for the 4th...Enjoy yourselves and don't eat too much BarBQ.*S*

Please come to visit sometime.

 
At July 04, 2006 9:26 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

Go Motherkitty!!! You said it all very well. God bless our troops and may God bless The United States of America...land of the free, home of the brave!!!!
I love this wonderful country as much as my native country, Australia! I've truly had the best of both worlds.
I'm glad to see you blogging again and hope you're feeling better day by day. You are in my prayers still, and in my daily thoughts :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home