Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Springtime in Kentucky

Husband and I woke this morning to another glorious day in Kentucky. (No, this is not my yard that I'm showing you, but these trees are indiginous to Kentucky and this is how they look blooming in the springtime.)

After having our morning tea/coffee out on the back deck early this morning, we walked around the yard a bit looking at some of the flowers. My biggest frustration lately has been my inability to work out in the yard. As a way of easing this frustration, I am able to take my cane and point out weeds that need to be plucked. Thankfully, husband has been kind enough to lean over and pull these buggers up. He was going to mow this afternoon, or use the weedeater, then we decided to get a sample of the pool water and take it to the pool store for testing. We will then purchase the correct chemicals to ready the pool for swimming.

We already have the pool filled, the pump going, and the solar cover heating up the water. The pool water was 72 degrees F. this morning. As warm as it has been the past several days, we figure we can start swimming within two weeks. We can barely wait. I like the water at least 85 degrees F. and the warmer the better.

I had husband stop in at a nursery the other day and we had a nice time looking at plants and trees. We have picked out a nice Bald Cypress we would like to plant in the back yard. This tree loves water and that's good because the spot we have picked out to plant it in retains a lot of water when it rains.

This nursery also had a wonderful selection of perennials and herbs that we are interested in planting. Hopefully we can get back to the nursery to buy some of these lovely plants and husband will be able to get them in the ground very shortly.

We are getting ready for my therapy session this afternoon then we are off to the pool store. It really feels great to actually be doing things again and not just going to the doctor or therapy.

10 Comments:

At May 24, 2006 10:53 AM, Blogger Susie said...

It's rainy here in "Sunny CA" We have so much to do inside that we aren't able to be outside as much as we usually are.
The weather this year has been so unusual for CA.....

 
At May 24, 2006 12:30 PM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

I agree, nothing like getting out of the house, walking around the yard, seeing what's up!

Sooo glad you are up and about again, hope the worst is over for you. Glad to have you back online!

 
At May 24, 2006 3:50 PM, Blogger Alipurr said...

hope you had a good trip to the pool shop and tree and plant shopping

 
At May 24, 2006 7:07 PM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I couldn't help but laugh when you said you walked around the yard and when you saw a weed you pointed at it with your cane and husband would bend over and pull it out. What a good servant he has become...hehehe

Glad you are getting around and outside...the weather is beautiful and I have been staying outside, with little breaks in to check for email.

I went to the plant store too today and bought a 'Lawn Buddy' to rest my butt on while I pull weeds and plant flowers. Can't wait to use it. I wanted a 'garden buddy' but couldn't find one, but got this instead.

So glad to hear how well you are doing.

 
At May 24, 2006 7:35 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

Glad you're getting out into the lovely spring garden. I'm sure the outdoors has magical healing properties - for body AND spirit.

XO Jelly

 
At May 24, 2006 10:05 PM, Blogger The Four Bears in the Woods said...

So glad to hear you are up and about and doing better. I have been thinking about you and keeping informed about your recovery through Sandy and reading family blogs. Sorry it has been so long since I have commented on any blogs but with Baby Bear's school getting out, boy scouts, and so many other things... it just seems we have been very very busy lately.

The pool sounds great, I'm sure you and Tomas will enjoy it.

Anyway, I wanted to say hi and tell you that I am glad you are recovering nicely. Glad you are back to blogging because I enjoy your posts.

Mama Bear

 
At May 24, 2006 10:14 PM, Blogger TUFFENUF said...

Nothing like spring time to get you up & around. I am glad you are recovering, but I know it can't be fast enough for you!

 
At May 25, 2006 8:13 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

Love those flowering trees! So glad to hear that you're able to walk around your yard. Getting out into the sunshine and your yard will help your progress immeasurably, I'm sure. It's good that swimming weather is rapidly approaching.
I hope your pain recedes quickly now, but try not to be too impatient with the healing....don't overdo!!
Just think what you'll be able to accomplish next spring!

 
At May 25, 2006 8:36 AM, Blogger bornfool said...

I can just see you walking around the yard pointing out weeds with your cane. lol. I'm glad you are able to be more mobile.

 
At May 25, 2006 10:20 AM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Good morning Motherkitty...I just wanted to stop in and check on you. It is raining here today, so no outdoor work for us. Just a light drizzly sort of steady rain...good for the plants I planted yesterday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home