Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Tag, You're "It"

I always thought "tag" was a playground game, but I have learned through blogging that being tagged means that you have been asked to submit answers (in most cases personal and revealing answers) to a series of questions. I never thought it would happen to me, but I've been tagged by Sue. I said I was game and I've have decided to play along.

7's Meme

Seven things to do before I die:
1. Write a book that everyone will read and add to their list of books they love
2. See my grandchildren grown, educated, married, and with children of their own
3. Travel all over the United States (so I can take husband to Hawaii)
4. Actually do some Spring Cleaning when it's Spring (G-d, I hate housecleaning)
5. Go back to college for an advanced degree (so I can leave my mark on the world)
6. Lose a lot of weight (so I can walk with ease)
7. Tell all my loved ones that I love them more than life itself (including all my lovely blogfriends)

Seven things I cannot do:
1. Landscape my yard like my sister
2. Go into small, dark places
3. Climb onto high places
4. Handle snakes or bugs
5. Perform operations
6. Do complicated math
7. Cook like Paula Deen

Seven things that attract me to my husband:
1. His willingness to do whatever I ask him to do
2. His kind heart
3. His love of music, nature, and art
4. His ability to build or fix anything
5. His political views
6. His love of our children and grandchildren
7. His love of travel

Seven books (or a series of books) I love:
1. Anything by Steven King
2. Little House on the Prairie books by Laura Ingels Wilder
3. The Borrowers books by Mary Norton
4. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
5. Roots by Alex Haley
6. The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown
7. From Time to Time by Jack Finney

Seven movies I'd watch over and over again:
1. When Harry Met Sally
2. Gone With the Wind
3. You've Got Mail
4. Sleepless in Seattle
5. The African Queen
6. The Nun's Story
7. Independence Day

Seven people I'd like to tag:
1. Alipurr of Kitten Yarn
2. Mrsgreenthumb of Desert Gardener
3. Susan of Patchwork Reflections
4. Franny of Franny's Fables
5. Jellyhead of Jellyhead Rambles
6. Manababies
7. Lillee of Pieces

If you've been tagged, I hope you play along. If not, I will understand.

12 Comments:

At June 07, 2006 9:14 AM, Blogger MrsGreenThumb said...

Arrggghhhh, I can't believe you did this to me! I'll have to think on this.

 
At June 07, 2006 9:24 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Motherkitty,
How sweet that you did this meme "for me" It never worries me, though, if I tag someone and they chose not to play!
I so enjoy getting to know a bit more about you!
Hope your recovery is coming along well. Have you been able to swim a bit??

 
At June 08, 2006 7:32 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Thanks for thinking of me - I think! I am studying on this, will keep you posted...

 
At June 08, 2006 11:14 PM, Blogger manababies said...

Hehe. I'm flattered that you tagged me. I'll give it a go. :)

 
At June 09, 2006 1:46 AM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

I liked learning a bit more about you. I think we could have a great girlie movie-fest together...I love all those movies!

I will do as you say and complete the meme...soon!

 
At June 09, 2006 3:21 AM, Blogger doubleknot said...

Great lists. I would get stuck at the husband one though because I can't think of why in the world I was attrated to my ex. It would have to be about my room mate - I knew I liked him the first time I saw the look on his face when he held his oldest grandchild when she was a baby.

 
At June 09, 2006 11:49 AM, Blogger bornfool said...

I couldn't help but notice that in your list of movies they all seem to go logically together accept for the last one. Are you sure your hubby didn't sneak that one in there. lol.

 
At June 09, 2006 4:47 PM, Blogger Franny said...

You have a great list of books there...I see my faves as well! I also can't landscape. Our yard has officially won.

Also, I will definately take your tag! I love these things, and with 3 kids running all over the house, no one cares what I have to say except in my blog...

 
At June 09, 2006 5:51 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

It's always nice to learn a little more about our blog friends.
I like the same kind of movies as you do although you mentioned a couple that I haven't seen.
I hate housecleaning too and I don't do spring cleaning! I just clean when things need it...or when I get around to it!
Sorting out and throwing stuff away is my pet hate. The decision to throw or not to throw is sometimes just too hard!

 
At June 10, 2006 2:17 AM, Blogger Alipurr said...

just got mine done

 
At June 10, 2006 8:06 AM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I didn't know you wanted to write a book.

 
At June 24, 2006 12:16 AM, Blogger Lillee said...

I just found this. But I do intend to do it....tommorrow. Kidding
No really, thanks. I'll post mine soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home