Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Bad luck undone

Thanks to everyone for their kind comments of commiseration regarding all the bad luck we have had lately. As a way of bringing myself out of the doldrums, the following things have happened.

1. My new computer is up and running. Husband continues to download and add files and programs.

2. SIL is still in the process of retrieving the data from one of my old hard drives and hopefully will be successful in "finding" all my old pictures from this drive.

3. My dishwasher seems to be fixed. Our repairman came to the house as promised and installed a $13.50 part that cost us $75.00 to install. Our dishes are now clean and the washer no longer talks to us.

4. We bought a beautiful new microwave oven at Home Depot on Saturday when we went to get the new spigot. It is stainless steel to match my other appliances and does all kinds of nifty things. As a test, I placed a cup of cold water in the new microwave and ran it for three minutes. The handy-dandy safety sensor showed a skull and crossbones so I have now concluded that the sensor was bad and not the microwave. (So much for "reliable" sensors.) I now have two microwaves one of which is sitting on my kitchen table. As a test of how clever he was, husband was heating food in both of them last night at the same time and promptly threw a breaker switch. Ummm, does that mean they are both on the same circuit and should not be run at the same time?

5. The plumber never showed up to fix our spigot so we purchased the replacement parts at Home Depot and husband and darling daughter proceeded to change it out while I watched the kids. They did a good job and it actually works.

6. Husband is now over his medical problem. Now if I could only change his demeanor and attitude, then things would be better.

7. I have decided to wait to replace my Beta fish.

8. My car remains at the auto shop. All the antifreeze should have drained out by now so I can pay to replace it all when they get around to fixing it.

Meanwhile, nothing else bad has happened. Daughter and the girls are still at our house while they work on the wiring in her house. We are having fun with the kids and they are having a good time swimming in the pool, eating every five minutes, learning to play Yahtzee, work puzzles, play with Playdoh, watch movies, and having fun with Grandma and Grandpa. Daughter does not know if she's going home today or not. They are welcome to stay as long as necessary.

We were not able to swim yesterday because it was raining and we experienced thunderstorms all afternoon. It looks lovely this morning, so maybe we can get back in the pool this afternoon when I get back from therapy.

Hope your day is filled with love and happiness.

11 Comments:

At May 31, 2006 10:38 AM, Blogger Alipurr said...

thanks for posting, as we were all wondering how you were doing :)

actually i was standing over Motherkitty's shoulder as she wrote this with both her grand-daughters on her lap. ha ha, that's usually me. when i walked in, she said, come on, let me finish(insert exclamation points and exasperated face)...and i left thinking, this must be what family blogging is all about, snicker, snicker

 
At May 31, 2006 10:52 AM, Blogger tomlaureld@yahoo.com said...

Good luck changing my demeanor behavior toward others
outward manner and attitude Pick one
the arrangement of the parts of a body or figure POSTURE
a position assumed for a specific purpose a threatening attitude
a ballet position similar to the arabesque in which the raised leg is bent at the knee
a mental position with regard to a fact or state a feeling or emotion toward a fact or state
the position of an aircraft or spacecraft determined by the relationship between its axes and a reference datum as the horizon or a particular star
an organismic state of readiness to respond in a characteristic way to a stimulus as an object, concept, or situation
a negative or hostile state of mind a cocky or arrogant manner.

 
At May 31, 2006 11:28 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

It sounds like all is well at MK house! Glad you survived the run of bad luck. Have fun with the kids and grandkids, and good luck with that demeanor issue...

Glad to hear you are getting to enjoy the pool, it certainly is hot enough!

Good to see to blogging again, we missed you!

 
At May 31, 2006 11:32 AM, Blogger doubleknot said...

Good things always follow bad if we just hand in there. Glad to hear you are all having fun.
Gee, I wish I could find a pool to swim in but short of renting a motel room there are non around me.

 
At May 31, 2006 11:53 AM, Blogger Susie said...

No pool here to relax in either. Oh and no time to relax! It's cold and we're busy! Glad things are going better at your house..
Nice to see you posting again!

 
At May 31, 2006 7:46 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Kitty - See those prayers worked! :) Must feel good to get some good news for a change.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

PS. Yes, you probably don't want to microwaves on the same circuit. LOL!

 
At May 31, 2006 7:46 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Glad things are looking up! Seems when it rains it pours sometimes.

Enjoy those kids!!

 
At June 01, 2006 9:00 AM, Blogger bornfool said...

Hey MK,

This doesn't do you a lot of good now, but I am a plumber. (or was, I consider myself retired fromthat line of work.) I would have come out and fixed that for you, no charge. (90% of my plumbing work ended up being gratis. That's why I retired, but for you I would have done it.)

 
At June 01, 2006 4:55 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

Hi Motherkitty,

I'm glad things are going your way again!

You have a fabulous day, too!

 
At June 01, 2006 6:15 PM, Blogger Franny said...

Did you get that lottery ticket? Take care out there.

 
At June 01, 2006 6:28 PM, Blogger Franny said...

BY THE WAY>>> Yes Motherkitty, you win the prize for the most unlikely story! Your prize is you get to hear the true story:

Re-upholstering the recliner, held gun wrong way, shot staple through hand, ran screaming to the bathroom leaving child to play with brown upholstery thread, she mewls as she becomes dangerously entangled, I run back bleeding, free child before we have to amputate, and then see my hubby in the kitchen still enjoying a pb sandwich, undisturbed by the commotion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home