Sunday, May 21, 2006

Happy Sunday to you ALL!

I woke up this beautiful sunny Sunday and wanted to share my good feelings with all my lovely blogfriends.

First, though, I wish to thank all of you (you KNOW who you are) who have continued to offer your good wishes for my recovery over the span of many miles. Even though I have not written much PK (after knee), I have thought about you all many, many times. Now that I'm in the healing phase, and becoming more active, I thought it was time to stop acting like an invalid and start doing things again like a normal human being.

Second, I am typing this post on my brand-new computer. Isn't it pretty? You can't see it? Sorry. Husband is still setting it up and hasn't quite gotten all the programs downloaded yet. Otherwise I would just take a picture of my 20-inch widescreen flat monitor, beautiful black keyboard, and sleek computer with the silver front, black sides, and red light on the front panel behind the Dell name. That way you could see it for yourself. I wanted to keep my old keyboard (because I'm used to it), but the new wouldn't talk to the old so I must get used to typing on this new keyboard. It's almost like typing on a laptop -- and you know how weird that feels. Anyway, I love my computer and think it's the best Mother's Day gift I have ever received. Thanks, husband.

This past week has also been a week of major firsts.
  • I was able to get down the two steps to the back deck by myself. I was also able to get back up the steps to go into the house.
  • I was able to go shopping with the family last week and walk through the store with my walker.
  • I was able to clean my kitchen and load the dishwasher.
  • I cleaned the kitty litter for the first time in over a month (wasn't husband glad!).
  • I was able to cook a meal and sit down on a regular kitchen chair to eat it.
  • I was able to bend over and tie my shoelaces for the first time.
  • I purchased a cane and am now using it to ambulate throughout the house.
  • I am now agile enough to get in and out bed, the van, and the bath bench by myself most of the time.
  • Husband and I were able to shop for groceries on Friday (the people in the store thought I had moved out of town because they hadn't seen me for over a month-and-a-half).

I'm sure there are other firsts but I thought these were the most significant. You know that none of these would be possible without the continued assistance of husband. He has done things for me that were above and beyond the call of duty. I'm happy I don't have to call him to help me get out of bed in the middle of the night. He would still do it if I asked. Daughter has been also been wonderful. She has come to help out every week or so and we so enjoy seeing the granddaughters during these visits. There is nothing sweeter in the world than having two sleepy, warm little girls climb into bed with you early in the morning and give hugs and kisses to their grandma. Finally, thanks to my good friend Saundra and her husband Sherman. I don't know if they will read this or not, but I wanted them to know that they have helped in so many ways without asking. In fact, they are coming over this afternoon so Sherman can help husband take the winter cover off the pool. You couldn't ask for better friends than that.

Well, it's time for me to get off the computer and start getting ready for company. I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday spent in happiness.

15 Comments:

At May 21, 2006 11:29 AM, Blogger Susie said...

How wonderful to "see" you again!
It sounds like you're well on your way to a full recovery. So glad you're back.....

 
At May 21, 2006 4:21 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

Hi Motherkitty, great to 'hear' from you!! I didn't comment on your last post, as I'd been away, so was reading it belatedly, and you'd said you were about to be without a computer.

I'm very glad you're regaining some normality in your life, though it sounds like it's been a long and somewhat frustrating journey. Good on you for keeping positive and active (within your limitations) - that will help with further recovery I'm sure.

:)
Jelly

 
At May 21, 2006 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hip, Hip, Hooray!
Today is the day
we hear Motherkitty say
she's back in the fray
we'll help her not sway
and hope in her pool to see her play

(and now you know why I am not a poet)

 
At May 21, 2006 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hip, Hip, Hooray!
Today is the day
we hear Motherkitty say
she's back in the fray
we'll help her not sway
and hope in her pool to see her play

(and now you know why I am not a poet)

 
At May 21, 2006 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry about the double comment, decided to go ahead and make it three
and go on a commenting spree
tee hee

 
At May 21, 2006 9:20 PM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Glad you are back online and blogging...we've missed you and so glad to hear about all those firsts...especially about you being able to navigate the steps to the deck. Now you can get into the pool as soon as it is warm enough, and exercise.

I saw your computer online, via link from husband and, it is beautiful.
I'm going to tell Jimmy that it's customary for husbands to buy their wives a Mother's Day gift.

 
At May 21, 2006 10:57 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

MK, Oh it is so good to know you are doing so well. I think your right on schedule. The tone of your post today sounds much more at ease and cheerful that your previous one. The worst is definitely behind you and now it will be clear sailing and only progress, progress, and more progress.

Congrats on your new computer. Your right, nothing better than grandkids climbing in bed with us..I'm getting a new grand baby this year...:)I can't wait.

 
At May 22, 2006 3:34 AM, Blogger doubleknot said...

So glad that you are able to get around better now. My room mate is still having therapy on his arm and having a hard go of it. If only he had your positive outlook.
I am totally jealous of your new computer. Mine has been acting up and I thought it had died yesterday but it came back to life one more time. What was that name 'Dell' - maybe I can get someone to give me a late mother's day gift or an early birthday gift.

 
At May 22, 2006 5:35 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Welcome back! We all missed you, your comments, and reading your blog. Glad you are feeling much better!

 
At May 22, 2006 8:57 AM, Blogger bornfool said...

It does my heart good to see you post again and to hear you in such high spirits.
Woo-Hoo! Almost pool time.

 
At May 22, 2006 9:33 AM, Blogger TUFFENUF said...

Keep up the good work, but go SLOW! recovery takes a while, so keep a good attitude.

 
At May 23, 2006 6:35 AM, Blogger Judypatooote said...

Welcome back, and glad your able to relax with a new computer... I hope to get one, someday.....and I will get a Dell....I have a Gateway and I had to restore it 3 times already.....accually that was in the first 3 months that I got it......LOL

Your progress sound good, although I think i'd go slowly on some of those household chores.....it's funny how when we can do things like heavy cleaning, etc. we don't want to, but when we can't do them we want to.....we'll you have a good day......

 
At May 23, 2006 11:49 PM, Blogger MrsGreenThumb said...

I'm glad you're able to sit at your new computer. How's the keyboard now that you're used to it? You seem to be making quick progress with your rehab, just sit back tho and enjoy the attention. Don't get impatient or frustrated when you can't do something. It will still be there when you are able to do things.

 
At May 24, 2006 9:10 AM, Blogger Franny said...

Yay, hurray for you! I had a feeling you were a fighter...

 
At May 25, 2006 8:05 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

Kitty, it's so good to be reading your posts again! Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog.
Being able to tie your own shoes...isn't it wonderful??? And all those other things too...good for you!!! Your hubby is worth his weight in gold by the sound of things.
UPS brought my computer yesterday but I wasn't here to take delivery (I was working). I'll get it today though. I do hope you can recover all that stuff from the other hard drive!!! Wishing you the best of luck with that and have fun with that new puter!
Love,
Kerri

 

Post a Comment

<< Home