Monday, January 08, 2007

I got me my fix

Those Pretty Purple Pills

After only two doses of these, I feel almost human again. The Creature From The Black Lagoon has retreated to wherever it belongs and I have returned sans scales and fangs. Ah, the miracle of modern pharmaceuticals. Now it makes me wonder -- what COULD I have been thinking of to stop taking my HRT after reading some silly report on the CNN website?

As a result of my most recent mental aberration (brain fart, or as they call it here in the South, Early Onset of Old Timers Disease), I think I almost lost my mind.

A girlfriend once made this for me at a time when I was off work following surgery. I keep it to remind me how sometimes losing your mind is a good thing and that you can always get it back if you try hard enough and have the kind support of many (blogger) friends.


You never know how important your mind is to your wellbeing until you enter that netherworld of mental aberration after not taking your HRT for about a month.

As proof of my recent derangement, I offer to you, my gentle readers, a list of Strange English Language Definitions for your enjoyment.

Arbitrator
: A cook that leaves Arby's to work at McDonald's
Avoidable
: What a bullfighter tries to do
Baloney
: Where some hemlines fall
Bernadette: The act of torching a mortgage
Burglarize: What a crook sees with
Control: A short, ugly inmate
Counterfeiters: Workers who put together kitchen cabinets
Eclipse: What an English barber does for a living
Eyedropper: A clumsy ophthalmologist
Heroes: What a guy in a boat does
Left Bank: What the robber did when his bag was full of loot
Misty: How golfers create divots
Paradox: Two physicians
Parasites: What you see from the top of the Eiffel Tower
Pharmacist: A helper on the farm
Polarize: What penguins see with
Primate: Removing your spouse from in front of the TV
Relief: What trees do in the spring
Rubberneck: What you do to relax your wife
Seamstress: Describes 250 pounds in a size six
Selfish: What the owner of a seafood store does
Subdued: Like, a guy, like, works on one of those, like, submarines, man
Sudafed: Bringing litigation against a government official

Thank you, all my dear blog friends, for your kind words of support. Some of you have indicated that you've been there, done that. Others are not looking forward to the inevitable. I guess it's all part of being that wondrous creature -- a woman. We get to menstruate, we get to have PMS, we get to have the babies, we get to have the aggravation of raising the kids, we get to clean up all the bodily fluid messes, we get to have the empty nest syndrome when the kids leave home, we get to have chin hairs, grey hair, and sagging butts/breasts/bellies, and we get to have menopause when we're just starting to feel good about ourselves. Some days you just have to lose your mind to keep it all into perspective.

18 Comments:

At January 08, 2007 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you feel better. :-)

 
At January 08, 2007 2:20 PM, Blogger Smalltown RN said...

She's back!!! And in fine form I might add. Oh the joys of womanhood.

I love the nursery rhyme you left on my blog...I am not familiar with it. I guess I will have to save that one for when I have grandchildren, which I hope isn't to soon.

 
At January 08, 2007 3:13 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Ahhh! Drugs! You know how I feel on this whole HRT issue!
So glad you're feeling better!
xoxoxo

 
At January 08, 2007 7:41 PM, Blogger Rosa said...

I had my hyster five years ago (at barely 41), so I have been in your shoes for a while. It did take a little bit getting everything stable, so I know about the brain farts and sweating like a pig for no reason. So glad you are feeling better. Yes, thank goodness for little pills!

 
At January 08, 2007 9:11 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I was fortunate to have fairly mild menopausal symptoms and didn't need the HRT, but I can understand that when you need a medicine, you NEED it! And life is good, once you complete the change! Glad you are feeling better...

 
At January 08, 2007 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At January 09, 2007 6:28 PM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I'm so glad that you are back to your cheerful self again.

 
At January 10, 2007 5:22 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Welcome back! No excuses now, you gotta blog!

I wonder if we could get some of those pills Dr. Jellyhead was talking about...

 
At January 10, 2007 7:15 AM, Blogger Alipurr said...

glad you are feeling better, see you thursday, love

 
At January 10, 2007 8:34 AM, Blogger Franny said...

I love your word list! Some took me a second to sound it out and really get it, but what a riot! I am glad you feel better too.

 
At January 10, 2007 3:57 PM, Blogger janet copenhaver said...

Hi Motherkitty,
Have I been to your site before? I think not or maybe, well I'm not sure. :) I forget so much these days. Thinking of taking this purple pill. I need to find a doc to prescribe it.
Anyway I find myself on comment pages with you a lot. I the crazy b*tch in the hat that follows you around. I'm only a b*tch every other thursday. *G*
Thought it was time to pay a visit. I will add you to my growing list of bloggers that I read daily.
Is this all a blast!

 
At January 11, 2007 12:03 AM, Blogger Smalltown RN said...

Just thought I would drop by to say hi...see how you are doing with the Purple pill and all....Hope life is treating you well my friend....let's chat soon ...ok!!

Cheers...btw...thankyou so much for the lovely comment on my blog...you made me smile...

 
At January 11, 2007 7:42 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

Ain't life wonderful? I'm so glad you're feeling better. Amazing what those pills can do.
Raising those kids was worth it all though, wasn't it? If life was just a bowl of cherries we wouldn't appreciate the good things nearly as much.
Loved your definitions. Good for a chuckle first thing in the morning :)
We have sunshine on the snow here this AM. Pretty!

 
At January 11, 2007 5:33 PM, Blogger Judypatooote said...

Glad your feeling better....I had a hys when I was young and was on premarin all those years....and yes I was told to get off it.... I was weened off it.....like one every other day, then next week one every two days.....etc....I have been off it for probably 5 years now....it took a while, but no hot flashes anymore.... Yes, womenhood is fabulous.....

 
At January 15, 2007 8:16 PM, Blogger Rosa said...

Hope you're still feeling better.

 
At January 16, 2007 4:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi.Glad your're back and feeling better. I'm having trouble commenting sorry for the Anonymous]
Gwen

 
At January 17, 2007 2:54 AM, Blogger Smalltown RN said...

Oh where oh where can my little Motherkitty be...oh where oh where can she be.....

Hope life is treating you well my friend.....

Thinking of you....

 
At January 19, 2007 2:38 AM, Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Motherkitty Its been a while so just popped in to see how your going. OHH HRT. I couldnt live without it, was on it many years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home