Wednesday, March 14, 2007

So this is where babies come from!

My husband's Aunt Virginia sent this little gem. So, I'm sending it along to you all in the hope that it will bring a smile to your lovely faces (unlike the little girl on the right below).




A six-year-old boy told his father he wanted to marry the little girl across the street. The father, being modern and well-schooled in handling children, hid his smile behind his hand.

"That's a serious step," he said. "Have you thought it out completely?"

"Yes," his young son answered. "We can spend one week in my room and the next in her's. It's right across the street, so I can run home if I get scared of the dark.

"How about transportation?" the father asked.

"I have my wagon and we both have our tricycles," the little boy answered.

The boy had an answer to every question the father raised. Finally, in exasperation, his dad asked, "What about babies? When you're married you're liable to have babies you know."

"We've thought about that, too," the little boy replied. "We're not going to have babies. Every time she lays an egg, I'm going to step on it!"

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

At March 14, 2007 12:34 PM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Classic! Thanks for the smiles.

I always wondered where they came from...

Have a great day!

~susan
~patchwork reflections
~memories in a jar

 
At March 14, 2007 1:04 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Too funny! Bill's cousin sent this to me last night too!
So cute...
xoxo

 
At March 14, 2007 1:20 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

That is the most precious picture ever. Someone else also posted that picture. Little girl looks about to blow a gasket...lol..

Hugs

 
At March 14, 2007 1:33 PM, Blogger Redneck Mommy said...

Loved it! Thanks for the giggles. I am in dire need today!

 
At March 14, 2007 3:26 PM, Blogger Alipurr said...

that is sooo funny!

 
At March 15, 2007 9:02 PM, Blogger Crazy Working Mom said...

Oh my! that is too cute.
Thanks for the laugh!

By the way, Cathy sent me here...

 
At March 16, 2007 12:03 AM, Blogger Baba said...

This is too cute!!! I had to send it to my friend.Thanks, Baba

 
At March 17, 2007 4:23 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

Thanks for the chuckle on the chilly and snowy Saturday afternoon. I just love that photo every time I see it :)
Sounds like our weather patterns are similar...warm-up and now cold again. We had more snow yesterday and are still getting light snow today, plus cold winds.
Spring is coming though!
xoxo

 
At March 17, 2007 5:09 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

Now that's a whole new take on contraception! Thanks Motherkitty, I needed a giggle!

 
At March 18, 2007 11:10 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

What a cute joke! And so like little ones!

 
At March 19, 2007 7:00 AM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

So that's how it's done...just by stepping on the egg.
What a good way to start a Monday morning with a good chuckle.

 
At March 20, 2007 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable picture and story to go with it!

 
At March 20, 2007 2:09 PM, Blogger Smalltown RN said...

I love that picture and the joke to go with it.....

Hope life is treating your well my friend...Thank you for all your lovely comments on my blog...it was a lovely week with the boys...and now it is life as usual again....

Hope your week is going well....cheers and chat soon!

 
At March 21, 2007 12:43 PM, Blogger Christal said...

Thanks for brightning my day! Always making me smile... I hadnt blogged in a while and missed it... and yours as well! Christal

 
At March 22, 2007 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I have to say is Awwww!

Mimi

 
At March 23, 2007 3:48 AM, Blogger Gwen said...

Hi Mother Kitty.
Great joke L.O.L.hope all is well with you and yours.
Stay Well

 

Post a Comment

<< Home