Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Baby boy

When I viewed daughter alipurr's blog this morning, I noticed her lilypie.com baby ticker showed that she was now pregnant 24 weeks 4 days. I was a little curious to see how big baby boy would be now so I googled fetal development and saw this.

The normal human gestation period is 40 weeks, and I suddenly realized that daughter was fast approaching her third trimester. Development of her baby will be amazing during the next three months and daughter's body will be changing rapidly to accommodate baby's increased size. I know that there have been babies born at this stage who have survived, but we hope that our newest grandchild remains safe, warm, and protected in mother's belly just where he belongs.

This reminds me: I MUST FINISH baby boy's afghan now because later will be too late.

Happy Valentine's Day to all my favorites on my favorite links list. Hope you receive warm, sloppy kisses from someone you love.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At February 13, 2007 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

The baby is really growing. It'll be here before you know it!

 
At February 13, 2007 2:51 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you!
That baby boy will be one of the most wonderful things to anticipate in the coming weeks.
xoxo

 
At February 13, 2007 4:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy ValentineĀ“s day!!!
Wow !! A baby!!
Luna from Spain

Bye Motherkity!
See you!

 
At February 13, 2007 8:26 PM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too Motherkitty. How exciting to have a burst of new babies once again. You must be so excited...I know I am.

 
At February 14, 2007 5:37 AM, Blogger Smalltown RN said...

Oh I love that. I remember when I was prego...and I had this book by "Carnation milk" It was broken up by the trimester. I loved that book and I always looked at it and look forward to enjoying looking at the trimester I was going into.

Hope mom to be is keeping well.

Cheers and Happy Valentine's Day to you my dear friend!!!!

 
At February 14, 2007 10:48 AM, Blogger Redneck Mommy said...

How exciting for all of you!

My best friend is 28 wks pregnant. I am only half done crocheting her afghan.

I better get some yarn wrapped around my finger quick! This time will pass very fast!

 
At February 14, 2007 4:07 PM, Blogger Alipurr said...

very cute, mom. It sure is going fast now that I am in the second half.....I am hurrying trying to crochet too....you should post a pic of your work...it is a really pretty afghan....

 
At February 15, 2007 3:48 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

I can imagine how much you're looking forward to that new little grandson. Gosh, the time seems to be going quickly. Isn't it amazing how fast they grow in the womb?
I hope we get to see the pretty afghan.
xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home