Monday, October 11, 2010

An exercise in futility?

Is anyone listening? Why am I keeping this blog up and running?

I used to write on this blog because it was pleasurable to remember and write about my life as I was growing up. I enjoyed keeping up with the lives of my friends and family. It was fun to post pictures of our daily lives and to include jokes and cartoons to illustrate my posts.

But now I'm rethinking the reasons for continuing this blog. Is it an exercise in futility? Who really cares what I have to say anymore? Is anyone listening to what I have to say?

Today I'm frowning. I don't know how I will feel tomorrow, but I hope it's a better day. I also hope I don't decide to end this blog because I probably have more to say to this world before my life is ended. But, I don't know if I want to share anymore.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At October 12, 2010 5:32 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

oh no don't go - I am sure you will have much more to say!

 
At October 17, 2010 7:56 AM, Blogger Alipurr said...

nope, you can't quit now. We care. I am reading. I just don't check every day anymore, because of that stuff Pavlov did. I saw Dr.Sanjay so much that I was conditioned to think that you weren't going to post very often :)

I don't post very often either...but you know what mom? the facebook fad will pass, and there are treasures on here that tons of people will miss elsewhere. Don't forget that seasons ebb and flow, as do most things in life. Even if it was just me reading, I would still be glad you shared with us. Sometimes it is easier to type out our thoughts than to say them in person. Sometimes in person or on the phone there are too many distractions. Blogging, as weird as it sounds, it a personal connection that I love with my friends and family.

 
At November 07, 2010 10:32 AM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Like Allison said, blogging is a personal connection with family & friends and it's a connection that I'd like to keep with you.
I do care what you say and I promise to stop by here more often to check to see if you have anything to say.
Don't shut your blog down....PLEASE.

 
At November 09, 2010 7:11 AM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I'm back to say Hello.

 
At April 01, 2011 2:58 PM, Blogger Schiplady said...

I feel the same way you do. My husband keeps asking why I don't put anything on my blog very often. And I reply - Why??. No one looks at it and I can keep my thoughts to myself just as easily. I do check your blog as well as Tuff's blog. She isn't keeping up with hers either............

 
At April 01, 2011 2:58 PM, Blogger Schiplady said...

I feel the same way you do. My husband keeps asking why I don't put anything on my blog very often. And I reply - Why??. No one looks at it and I can keep my thoughts to myself just as easily. I do check your blog as well as Tuff's blog. She isn't keeping up with hers either............

 

Post a Comment

<< Home