Sunday, October 10, 2010

What's cooking at grandma's?

It's a beautiful fall day and I'm off work. I'm also feeling a little ambitious and decided to put my culinary talent to work in the kitchen.

Ingredients for my masterpiece include onions, garlic, celery, carrots, ham, split peas, potatoes, and various seasonings. This should give you an idea of what I'm cooking.

Homemade Split Pea Soup

Right now it's simmering on the stove and will be ready for lunch. I can smell it cooking and I'm starting to drool. What could be better than something homemade in grandma's kitchen?

Some of you may not like split pea soup, but for those who do, want to join me? All are welcome and there will be plenty (because husband already said he's not going to eat it).

After lunch, I'm going out and work in the yard because it's beautiful outside. I hope you are all enjoying this gorgeous Sunday, whatever you have planned.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At October 10, 2010 5:51 PM, Blogger Motherkitty said...

I ate two bowls and it was delicious.

 
At October 12, 2010 5:31 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

It looks great! I have never had split pea soup - is it a 'northern' thing? LOL

 
At October 12, 2010 7:42 AM, Blogger Motherkitty said...

I don't know. It's just a great fall/wintertime, hearty, filling, easy-to-make soup that I've been eating all my life. You should try it.

 
At October 17, 2010 7:51 AM, Blogger Alipurr said...

ohh, that looks really good! I know it is good because I have had it before....sorry I missed it :)

 
At November 07, 2010 10:27 AM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Ohhh, I know the split pea soup must have been great because anything YOU make homemade from scratch is always great. My grandmother used to make homemade split pea soup and I wish I was at your house enjoying a bowl of it.

 
At December 28, 2010 8:27 AM, Blogger Elisson said...

It ain't winter without a nice bowl of Split Pea. That sure does look good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home