Monday, July 03, 2006

Blogging Milestone

This is a big blogging milestone for me. It's my 112th post. I noticed the other day on a friend's blog that she wrote about the significance of her 100th post and proceeded to list 100 things about herself. The things she listed were very interesting and I learned some new facts about her (including the fact that she always paints her toenails but never her fingernails). I thought about doing the same thing, but are you really interested in learning 112 things about me?

Okay, I'm going to start my list. I hope you don't yawn and fall asleep on me.

1. I'm sitting here at 8:11 on a Monday morning in my underwear blogging about my 112th post.
2. I have nothing better to do at 8:11 on a Monday morning than sit at my computer writing on my blog about blogging.
3. Last night I not only painted my toenails, but I also painted my fingernails. Now I look like a painted lady. Should look cool in the pool today.
4. Okay, I'm finished with my list.

Do you get the message? Do you really want to know that I am of a certain age and certain weight? How about that I have been married for almost 40 years to the same guy and that I have two kids, two grandkids, and six cats? I'm starting to bore myself.

I will leave you with this thought, however. Blogging has been a fun and interesting avocation for me. My husband and daughter urged me to start a blog and I'm glad I did. Just look at the number of our family members who are now blogging. It's an amazing and fun way to get to know each other. It's actually better than writing letters. Blogging is a way where we all get to read the same letter and we can all answer it in our own way if we want. Or, we can be lurkers and read but not comment.

So, thanks blogpals for the many wonderful hours of fun you have provided. It's amazing what funny, intelligent, interesting, and caring people there are out there. My biggest thrill, however, is going to a new blog and seeing comments from someone I recognize (Pea, I see your comments everywhere). I say to myself, I "know" that person. I hope one of these days you may see one of my comments and say, hey, I "recognize" that Motherkitty. She has nothing better to do with her life than sit at the computer at 8:11 on a Monday morning blogging in her underwear.

As for 112 interesting facts about myself, I just don't know. It's a little early on a Monday morning to be thinking about anything that serious. Maybe I'll just go get something to eat. That may jog my memory.

13 Comments:

At July 03, 2006 10:36 AM, Blogger MrsGreenThumb said...

Glad you're back on line. It's a good step forward.
Loveya,
mrsgreenthumb

 
At July 03, 2006 10:38 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Oh dear!
I think I recognize me! I was afraid that 100 things about would drive some people over the edge :-)
Glad you're posting again, even if it's in your underwear. It is so important to have your nails (fingers and toes) look nice while you're posting!!!

 
At July 03, 2006 10:42 AM, Blogger Alipurr said...

i don't believe you, i think you have on that pretty flowery bathrobe, mumu thing. How do you spell mumu anyway? I would probably be blogging in my nightgown too if I didn't have to babysit today? Did you know you can blog and babysit at the same time? will miss you tomorrow

 
At July 03, 2006 2:15 PM, Blogger TUFFENUF said...

Motherkitty, We all enjoy your blog even when it is just about everyday events! You are warm, caring & fun -and it comes across in your writing. I am aiming for a big bloggie convention one of these days -til then, enjoy blogging in your underware!

 
At July 03, 2006 4:27 PM, Blogger bornfool said...

I'm appreciative of all the fine blogs and bloggers you've introduced me to.
That is the poorest attempt at a 100 (or 112) things about me list that I've ever run across. ;)

 
At July 03, 2006 5:58 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

Mother kitty you have to finsih your 112 things about yourself. I did one last week for my birthday, but it was only 54 things. We had alot of fun with it.

I love your blog and I check in almost daily looking for updates. I hope you are feeling well?

Have a good holiday tomorrow!

 
At July 03, 2006 8:57 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Kitty - Cgrats on the post count. I could never bring myself to write one of the 100 lists. I figure you have to leave something to mystery eh?

Have a safe and fun 4th of July.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At July 03, 2006 10:21 PM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Out of curiosity I just went to check how many posts I have written and there is no way I could ever come up with that many INTERESTING things to say about myself and like neo said, some things need to be kept somewhat of a mystery anyway.

Like alipurr said, I can't believe you are sitting there blogging in your underware either...it's not you.
OR...maybe it is the new you. You do have a new knee, so why not a new attitude to go with it? *S*

It doesn't matter what you say because we all love you and just like hearing from you...it's never boring to hear/read ANYTHING you have to say!

 
At July 04, 2006 9:36 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

I agree with Sandy, "It's never boring to hear/read what you're thinking" or words to that affect.
You made me laugh this morning with your smartypants (underpants:) list...and picturing you sitting there blogging in your underwear is going to keep me smiling all day :)
Nothing better to do you say? What could be better than blogging? LOL (you painted lady, you)

 
At July 05, 2006 5:15 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Blogging in your underwear? Isn't that the norm? Do you mean there are people out there who actually get up and get dressed before checking their blog? Wow, who knew. Huh. Something to think about. Oh well, I sometimes get in several hours work before getting dressed.

As John Sebastian said, Welcome back,
To that same old place that you laughed about.
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

 
At July 05, 2006 4:56 PM, Blogger Alipurr said...

Is it muumuu? maybe moo moo?

 
At July 05, 2006 8:17 PM, Blogger Motherkitty said...

Alipurr, I think it's meow, meow.

 
At July 07, 2006 8:43 AM, Blogger Lillee said...

Happy Blog milestone. Sometimes I blog in my underwear too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home