Thursday, April 05, 2007

If only it were this simple!


An al Qaeda guerilla, desperate for water, was plodding through the desert when he saw something far off in the distance. Hoping to find water, he walked toward the object, only to find a little old Jewish man at a small stand selling neckties.

The Arab asked, "Do you have water?"

The Jewish man replied, "I have no water. Would you like to buy a tie? They are only $5."

The Arab shouted, "Idiot Jew! Israel should not exist! I do not need an overpriced tie. I need water! I should kill you, but I must find water first."

"OK," said the old Jew, "it does not matter that you do not want to buy a tie and that you hate me. I will show you that I am bigger than that. If you continue over that hill to the east for about two miles, you will find a lovely restaurant. It has all the water you need. Shalom."

Muttering, the Arab staggered away over the hill. Several hours later he staggered back, near collapse. "Your brother won't let me in without a tie."

The moral of the story is love thy neighbor. If this doesn't work, buy a tie.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At April 05, 2007 4:48 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

he he he - I like it! Lucky you who can tell a joke and make it funny!

Thanks Motherkitty for your offers of cups of tea and quiet chat.... that sounds just perfect. It is lovely to have such a kind person (you!) for a blog-friend.

 
At April 06, 2007 7:45 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

This is an updated variation on the older version I've heard of this joke. Very funny :) I've enjoyed catching up with your posts this morning xxoxo

 
At April 06, 2007 9:19 AM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

That's a good one Motherkitty. You always have the funniest story jokes that give me a chuckle and every time I think of it today, I'll giggle to myself.

 
At April 06, 2007 11:12 AM, Blogger Susie said...

I'd also heard a slight variation on this one. Cute joke!
xo

 
At April 06, 2007 11:49 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Great story--and so appropriate for the times!

Happy Easter!

 
At April 06, 2007 5:49 PM, Blogger Alipurr said...

ha ha very funny

 
At April 08, 2007 11:40 AM, Blogger Smalltown RN said...

Happy Easter my dear friend!!!

 
At April 09, 2007 12:01 PM, Blogger Christal said...

FUNNY! I like this one! Atleast the family stuck together

 
At April 09, 2007 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

humor is so needed to defuse this ridiculous religious fundamentalism on all sides.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home