Sunday, April 01, 2007

April First, or All Fool's Day


Isn't this a cute picture by Norman Rockwell? (Double-click for a better view.) Can you find all the anomalies? I believe old Norman was playing a joke on us, don't you think?

Here's an interesting story I just read.

KFC has been a part of our American traditions for many years. Many people, day in and day out, eat at KFC religiously. Do they really know what they are eating? During a recent study of KFC done at the University of New Hampshire, they found some very upsetting facts.

First of all, has anybody noticed that just recently the company has changed its name? Kentucky Fried Chicken has become KFC. Does anybody know why? We thought the real reason was because of the "FRIED" food issue.

It's not.

The reason why they call it KFC is because they cannot use the word chicken anymore. Why? KFC does not use real chickens. They actually use genetically manipulated organisms. These so-called "chickens" are kept alive by tubes inserted into their bodies to pump blood and nutrients throughout their structure. They have no beaks, no feathers, and no feet. Their bone structure is dramatically shrunk to get more meat out of them.

This is great for KFC because they do not have to pay so much for their production costs. There is no more plucking of the feathers or the removal of the beaks and feet. The government has told them to change all of their menus so they do not say chicken anymore. If you look closely, you will notice this. Listen to their commercials. I guarantee you will not see or hear the word chicken.

I find this matter to be very disturbing. I hope people will start to realize this and let other people know. Please forward this message to as many people as you can. Together we can make KFC start using "real" chicken again.

I had some Kentucky "fried chicken" a few weeks ago and noticed the following, but because we were hungry, we ignored good, common sense.

This is what I discovered:
  1. An unusual amount of "fat under the skin
  2. A high "grease" residue inside the skin that you could drain
  3. The breast meat had a "brown" as opposed to "white" color
  4. A feeling of gastric distress after eating the chicken
NOTE TO READERS: This is just a joke, folks. Hope you all have a happy April Fool's Day.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At April 01, 2007 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And a happy April Fools Day to you, too!

No jokes for me this year, I don't think. At least, none that I know of!

 
At April 01, 2007 10:43 AM, Blogger Susie said...

KFC is our grandsons' fast food place of choice on minimum days. I'm so glad this was a joke because if it wasn't, I would no longer be visiting Kitchen Fresh Chicken (that's what they call it here!)
Happy April 1!!!
xoxo

 
At April 01, 2007 12:04 PM, Blogger Smalltown RN said...

Good ol Norman Rockwell...what a character he was....playing games....great photo....

I haven't eaten KFC since I was a kid....it bothered then I can't imagine what it would do to me now....I don't eat at fast food places very often at all....don't think I have been missing much....but that is truly scary about the whole chicken thing...
I watched a program on chicken and eggs....and well after I saw how the chickens raise in order to produce the eggs I just couldn't bring myself to eat regular eggs....I only eat free range eggs now....or the one's from the local farm down the road....it's worth it to me....

great post my friend

 
At April 01, 2007 1:50 PM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

You had me believing all that stuff about KFC until the very end...shame on you although I never eat there I have been thinking of trying it out.

Love that Norman Rockwell picture...it was fun to look through it and see how many things I could find amiss.

And a happy April Fools Day to you Motherkitty.

 
At April 01, 2007 2:48 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

mk, you had me almost believing that KFC story...Even after you made it plain as day, this was an April Fools joke, I believed it...I was ready to email everyone I know...lol...

That Norman Rockwell picture is priceless. Yes, I think he was playing a joke on us. look at that cat/dog....hahahah

 
At April 01, 2007 3:59 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

I can almost believe you about KFC (not being a big fan of the stuff myself!)

That painting is great - so many funny details. I've never seen it before.

Hope you have a few laughs today!

 
At April 01, 2007 10:03 PM, Blogger Redneck Mommy said...

I was very disturbed by this post...ew....

Thanks for clarifying. I love KFC.

 
At April 02, 2007 8:35 AM, Blogger david santos said...

Hello!
have a happy April! what a beautiful work you have!
Have a good week

 
At April 02, 2007 7:20 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

And now they are going to start calling it Kentucky Fried Chicken again! :)

Loved the picture and the story!

 
At April 02, 2007 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh you fooled me.. I was really wondering for a moment... see every time I eat there I get sick.

 
At April 06, 2007 7:22 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

Oh I'm so glad this was a joke MK. You had me going for a while there :) We love CFK, no matter how bad it might be for us! We ended up there on our first anniversary (long story) and have made it a tradition to eat there on subsequent anniversaries...not all, but a lot.
That's a wonderful Norman Rockwell painting. His paintings are so much fun. There's a NR museum not too far away from us in Corning, NY that we want to visit some day.
I'm so glad April is here, even if it is snowing this morning. At least we know warmer temperatures are not far away!
great post MK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home