Tuesday, May 29, 2007

No baby yet!

Well, we are still waiting. Daughter Alipurr is "nesting" and doesn't want to be disturbed at the moment. She said they would call when she got to the hospital. We are being patient and keeping ourselves busy. I carry my phone next to my body so I won't miss THE CALL.

When we were in Berea two weeks ago, Sandy gave us this quilt to give to daughter for new baby boy. It is beautifully hand-stitched and so cleverly made. Daughter and girls loved it and thank Sandy and Jimmy for their thoughtfulness.

Isn't this lovely?
Sandy has good taste and both girls wanted to keep it for themselves.

While I was in and out running errands today, I noticed some flowers in my yard that were blooming. As soon as I got back into the house, I grabbed my camera and started shooting some pictures.

The first lily to bloom

Can you see the Early Girl tomatoes?

Stella D'Oro Daylilies

Pink and white begonias and yellow and orange marigolds
(can you see the beautiful orange butterfly on the marigold?)

Petunias

White Astilbe

Red Astilbe

Dusty Miller and Moss Rose

White begonias, pink geraniums and moss rose

Finally, I will leave you with this bit of cheese to lighten your day.

A pregnant lady was in an accident and she woke up in the hospital. She noticed she was not pregnant anymore and asked the nurse what happened to her baby.

The nurse said, "You have two healthy babies, a boy and a girl!" The lady said, "Oh, I must name them," but the nurse said, "You were unconscious, so we called your brother, and he named them!"

The lady said, "But he's as dumb as a box of rocks! So what are their names?"

The nurse said, "The girl is called "Denise." The woman replied, "Well that is a pretty name, so what did he name my boy?"

The nurse replied, "Denephew!"

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At May 29, 2007 4:30 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Well, we just had a very good chuckle over the joke!!
Love all your flowers and that quilt is just perfect for your grandson!
The girls look so sweet posed beside it :)
xoxox

 
At May 29, 2007 4:43 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

Yes, the quilt is very cute, but your grand-daughters are even cuter! I love Dancer Girl's pretty outfit, and Little Sister's shy smile.

You certainly have lots of lovely flowers blooming.

I liked the joke too! I know some people don't appreciate puns, but good ones like this do tickle my funny bone!

 
At May 29, 2007 7:45 PM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I'm anxiously waiting for some news of contractions too. I'm taking the picture of the girls...they are so cute and I can't have too many pictures of them to look at. hehehe.

Your flowers are looking pretty and all of our tomatoes died and I'm hoping that you planted extra. Call me just as soon as you have some ripe ones. hehehe. I'll need one for my BLT soon. hehehe

I loved that joke and I'm going to send it to my friend. I'm still laughing.

 
At May 30, 2007 7:19 AM, Blogger Smalltown RN said...

well I was just checking in on baby news...and here you have a post already to answer my quesitons....that quilt is lovely....how thoughtful....and as for your garden....holy cow...it is great...and you already have tomatoes growing on the vine...amazing.....

That joke was a good one as well....I am off to work today....urgh...but it must be done...one way to look at it I get out of having to work in the yard...oh my goodness I am sore today....anyhow...you have yourself a fantastic day...and keep us posted....cheers

 
At May 30, 2007 1:27 PM, Blogger Alipurr said...

we certainly love the quilt! and yes, you put into words how i am feeling, nesting with a do not disturb sign up (guess that came from not you, but too many people calling and asking about baby being here yet)

so jealous of your flowers, so pretty....my astilbes will have to wait til next year, haven't had the heart to tell husband he mowed them over...maybe they will bloom late :)

that joke is really funny, will have to tell hubby's brother that one,LOL

was good talking to you today

 
At May 31, 2007 8:23 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Your flowers are lovely. Like me, you seem to use more pots than planting in the ground.

Cute quilt! I'll keep checking back to see if baby boy is here yet...

 
At June 03, 2007 11:55 PM, Blogger TUFFENUF said...

ha - funny as usual MK! Is that baby here yet?

 
At June 09, 2007 6:51 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

Your flowers are so bright and beautiful!
The joke made me smile this morning :) Those little girls are precious posing with that lovely quilt.
That pregnant tummy with the footprint in the post below is priceless! :)

 
At May 22, 2022 1:11 AM, Anonymous Ashton Walsh said...

Hi nice reeading your blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home