Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I'm on pins and needles!

Have you ever experienced "baby fever?" I'm so excited about this new baby boy that daughter Alipurr is having (momentarily -- her baby ticker says "ten days"), I can't think clearly. (Sue, I may not be blogging regularly, but I'm still here.) My husband, the saint, is just barely putting up with me and daughter is laughing at my nervousness. I guess you will all just have to bear with me until this little guy decides to come out to play.

If you have read Sandy's blog, you will know that we just got back from a weekend visit. What a terrific and fun time we had. We were able to visit with all the family, enjoy lots of great meals out (no cooking!!!), and enjoy a lot of laughs and good times.

(Double-click each picture for a larger view.)

Our wonderful hosts, Sandy and Jimmy, with husband

Husband was taken on a motorcycle ride on Saturday. I am a little afraid of motorcycles and I had to refuse. Sorry, Sandy.

What I did during our visit was buy several pieces of stained art glass which is a passion of mine. Here are the pieces I purchased at the art fair Sandy and I attended.

What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet

-- William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, 1594

A little Jiminy Cricket garden art for my friend Saundra
who was so kind to take care of my kitties while we were out of town

A little peace for my hippy husband

A Star of David for me

Ocean's Breeze -- a fantastic art piece that Sandy
purchased for me during our last visit

This was the most wonderful thing we brought home --
a gorgeous walnut bowl that nephew Brian made
and presented to husband and I

This was the second bowl he ever made
and we are so happy to be the proud owner
of this lovely work of art

Thank you, Jimmy and Sandy, for a wonderful visit. The next time we see you we will have a new addition to our growing family. I can hardly wait.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At May 22, 2007 9:39 PM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I had forgotten how pretty your "Ocean Breeze" stained glass peice was.

I know that you must be so excited by the upcoming birth of your first grandson...How wonderful !!
I can hardly wait to see my great nephew for the first time either and I didn't realize that the blessed event was but a mere 10 days away, if that. No wonder you're so nervous...I would be too if my daughter was giving birth just any moment.

We really enjoyed your visit and I knew that you bought several pieces of stained glass art pieces, but didn't realize that you had bought so many. hehehe.
Don't you just love to come here and shop? You need to come back or either teach that brother of mine how to create those stained glass pieces. Since you love it so much, that would be a great hobby for him to get into.

I loved seeing all of your pictures and the bowl you received from Brian looks really good. Did you put some of that protective oil that you bought for me on it? I used it on my small cedar bowl and it looks lovely and brought out the colors of the wood.

Thanks again for your visit. We had a great time and I hope to see you again very soon.

 
At May 22, 2007 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your bowl is lovely! As is the stained glass...that may be something I need to start collecting! It would look so pretty hanging in all my old windows...

It's almost baby day! Yay! Can't wait to see the new little guy...

 
At May 22, 2007 10:15 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Your excitement about the baby is very understandable. Grandchildren are such a wonderful blessing..
Can't help it if I've missed you though!!
Your would dearly love to see some of the stained glass pieces that Bill has done. He does lovely work!
I like your newest pieces of glass and that bowl is a real keepsake!!
xoxoxo

 
At May 23, 2007 7:00 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

I can empathize about the baby fever, I got to see my first grandchild born 12 years ago, now that was an experience!

It looks like your shopping trip was very successful, beautiful pieces. I didn't know your husband was a hippie (that explains a lot!)

Glad you had a great trip and are home safe. Be sure to let us know when the BIG day arrives.

 
At May 23, 2007 8:36 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I know you are really excited about the baby coming. It's such a joyful time!

I love your stained glass collection. I am a fan of stained glass, too, and crystal, for that matter. Glass art is just plain lovely.

The bowl is beautiful and very well-made. My brother-in-law used to do some of that kind of work, and it's unique and useful.

 
At May 26, 2007 9:04 PM, Blogger Smalltown RN said...

OH our stain glass peices are gorgeous....I have registered to take a stain glass course...maybe one day I will be able to make something worth putting up....

Your nephew is very talented....I would say what a wonderful keep sake...

now as for that baby....I totally hear what you are saying....it won't be long....then you will have your little grandson to hold...and love and enjoy.....

I truly hope life is treating you well...by the sounds of things it is.....cheers....and good wishes to your daughter for a healty delivery....

chat soon my dear friend

 
At May 26, 2007 9:05 PM, Blogger Smalltown RN said...

see I should proof read what I put in print....bad bad habit....

ok I meant to say...."Your"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home