Friday, May 04, 2007

Where, oh where, have I been?


I've been home, with husband, piddling around the house. We're watching our pennies because gas has gone through the roof and we expect it to get worse. We filled up our van today and it cost $44.00 for 15 measly gallons of gas. We've been working on the garden and the yard, trying to overcome all the damage from our April frost. Things are looking better around here but we're still pretty disappointed. I noticed some of our irises were blooming today.



We have several other varieties planted in the same patch, but these are the only two colors that bloomed. We had a few Paperwhites to bloom but nothing like they usually do.

Thanks to those who have asked where I've been this past month. To tell you the truth, I faced a hurdle and just couldn't get past it. I think I'm better now, so thanks for thinking of me.

(Double-click on pictures to enlarge.)

Daughter Alipurr at her baby shower on April 28
Only about 28 days to go before Baby Boy is welcomed to this world

Little Sister and Dancer Girl were very helpful
in helping mommy open her gifts

Both girls couldn't wait to play with the pull toy
we got Baby Boy

Daughter had a great time at her shower and many of her friends attended. She received some really nice (and useful) gifts for the baby. We were very happy to see the girls again. They had been sick quite a bit since the middle of March and the shower was the first opportunity we had to see them since then.

Husband has opened our pool for the season but it's still too cool to swim. I can't wait. I'm looking into getting solar panels to heat the pool and extend the swimming season. Although Spring is my favorite season of the year, I also love the hot summers spent swimming and lounging around the pool on our deck. (So, if you come to visit us, that's probably where you'll find us.)

Some of the annuals we planted yesterday in front of the house


To tell you the truth, I was actually at a place where I thought about shutting down my blog for good. I asked myself if I wanted to continue, and the answer was no, I didn't want to stop blogging. I took a little time for myself and now I'm back -- a little worse for wear -- but still sane. I hope you will continue to visit me (during my hiatus I didn't stop reading your blogs but I might not have left comments) and I will continue to visit you. After all, where would I be if I didn't blog? I would be all alone with husband and seven cats and that ain't good for my temperament. Ask husband. He can tell you how grouchy I've been lately.

Just before it started raining (again) this evening

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At May 05, 2007 12:05 AM, Blogger Cheyenne said...

Whatever it was that kept you away, I'm glad it's gone and more glad to have you back and blogging. I just "found" you a few weeks before you stopped. Very nice photos by the way.

 
At May 05, 2007 12:11 AM, Blogger Susie said...

I am so glad to see you post again. I've been watching for you to update.
Watch your mail and you'll know I've been thinking of you!!
The baby shower looks like fun and I know you're anxious to meet your grandson.
Email me anytime you want to chat. I always love to hear from you!
xoxo
s

 
At May 05, 2007 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad to see you back. Whatever it was, I hope everything is heading back to normal now.

My yard isn't looking so hot, either. I think I've completely lost the 2 young trees I planted last year to replace the one lost in the tornado. But my Iris did bloom, and the Peony (my favorite!) is blooming now.

You have a pool? Well, the boys and I will be up on the first hot day :-)

 
At May 05, 2007 9:34 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

I figured you were busy getting ready for that boy's arrival! Sorry you have been down. Doctor's orders are to blog regularly, forward email jokes, get outside often.

In the words of singer/songwriter John Sebastian in 1976 for the tv show 'Welcome Back Kotter':

Welcome back
To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya
Here where we need ya.

Welcome back!

 
At May 05, 2007 9:37 AM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I'm glad to hear that you are alright. Your iris' look much better than ours, and finally things are beginning to recover from that April freeze. My yard is not as pretty as it usually is and I was a bit disappointed, so we went out and bought more bird feeders to entertain ourselves with while we're outside...a sort of distraction from out ugly recovering yard.

Gas prices are going up, up & up and I don't expect that they will ever be back down again to what we considered reasonable. There go some of our planned trips down the tubes.

Kitten Yarn looks like she's ready to bust and I bet that you're so excited about your new grandson's arrival soon. I know that you probably have your bags packed and are ready to go at a moments notice.

I'm glad that you didn't shut your blog down, but I can understand taking a break from it, for whatever reasons.

 
At May 05, 2007 4:50 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

I'd wondered where you were, Motherkitty, and I certainly missed your interesting posts and your kind and wise comments.

Sometimes I feel exactly the same - that I have run out of energy for blogging, or simply have nothing to say. I just blog when the urge strikes me, now, and that seems to suit me well.

Whatever has been making you feel low, I hope you can get past it, or at least come to terms with it.

Sending you a big Jellyhead hug,
XO Jelly

 
At May 06, 2007 9:21 AM, Blogger Alipurr said...

good to "see" you mom, been missing you.....thanks for posting pics of the shower....my irises are doing just as well as yours, a couple here and there

my hydrangea will not bloom, it looks pitiful....your front flower bed looks gorgeous, love the annuals

the girls and i have been missing you lots, see you soon, hopefully
loveyou

 
At May 06, 2007 12:19 PM, Blogger Smalltown RN said...

Well I for one am so glad you are back.....I feel terrible that I haven't contacted you before this....I just thought you were busy with your life...sorry you were feeling so down....I love this post....lots of this and that....glad you are in your garden...I find being in the garden so theraputic...and your garden is looking lovely.....

I will drop you a line.....just know I am thinking about you....

 
At May 11, 2007 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in the same mode as you blog-wise. I hadn't blogged for a while and just allowed myself the break without an announcement. I still visited other blogs though.

I am so glad you're back and continuing to blog for you are a breath of fresh air and a sweetheart.

Have a good one, Motherkitty! I'll be back to finish catching up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home