Thursday, August 24, 2006

Happy Birthday to my husband

Happy birthday, husband. This is your day. You've reached that "magical" age where you can proudly say, "I'm now on Medicare. Wanna see my card?"

We have shared 38 years together and 38 birthdays, each one special and each one different. We have raised two kids together, who turned out mighty nice I must say, each of us worked our entire married lives, and now we are enjoying retirement together. We have a lot of memories together and share a lot of history.

You were a barefoot, long-haired hippy when I met you, and now look at you. You are a long-haired, middle-class hippy if I ever saw one. You have never changed in all these years. Your philosophy has stayed the same and we still share the same goals and ideals as when we met. Our journey has not been without slight bumps in the road, but all in all, it's been a pleasant journey. There are so many things in common that we share, like music, art, gardening, our families, computers, eating well, friends, nature, fishing, birds, and our cats. You have many natural talents and I appreciate them all. You are my IT guy, my Mr. Fix-It guy, my pool man, my gardener man, and my companion. You are always there when I want to do something.

Thanks for putting up with me all these years. I hope you will enjoy some surprises over the next couple of days. So, Happy Birthday, Husband. If there was a Thom McAnn around here, I would take you to it.

Love, Your Wife of many years

19 Comments:

At August 24, 2006 8:31 AM, Blogger Alipurr said...

very sweet mom. hope you guys have a great day

 
At August 24, 2006 9:57 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Wow! You must like older men! hehe

Will he take you for a ride on his Medicare scooter?

 
At August 24, 2006 10:38 AM, Blogger Susie said...

That was so loving! Happy Birthday to your Husband!
May the year ahead be filled with every happiness....
Hope the weekend in one long party!
:-)

 
At August 24, 2006 11:48 AM, Blogger The Four Bears in the Woods said...

That was very nice. We wish him a Happy Birthday and many more to come. Hope he gets all that he wished for.

 
At August 24, 2006 12:04 PM, Blogger tomlaureld@yahoo.com said...

Thank ya'll
Love ya

 
At August 24, 2006 12:21 PM, Blogger Smalltown RN said...

Happy Birthday to your guy.....as you are fortunate enough to have found him...he has been blessed to have you in his life as well....I hope you two have a grand day together....

Cheers

 
At August 24, 2006 1:34 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Motherkitty, here's wishing "your guy" the very best of birthdays! :)

You are a treasure, and I am sure your husband more than loves putting up with you. It is so nice to get your view on things. (couldn't stop laughing about your cats having a field day on a white couch) hehe

Life wouldn't be very interesting without the little bumps in the road, but here's hoping it gets a little smoother for you in your wonderful retirement years!

 
At August 24, 2006 3:18 PM, Blogger ipanema said...

Nice words motherkitty. Happy birthday to your husband.


blogrolling :)

 
At August 24, 2006 3:49 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

awwwwwww!

Happy Birthday to your honey!

 
At August 24, 2006 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your husband! I hope you guys are having a great day.. Motherkitty, I think you kinda like this guy.

 
At August 25, 2006 1:46 AM, Blogger tomlaureld@yahoo.com said...

MotherKitty just handed me the phone and said here. My sister Sandy was on the phone wishing me a happy birthday. When I asked her how she was doing she said fine. She said Jimmy and her were out riding. I said great where are you and she said, "Oh just two blocks away!" My jaw dropped with surprise."
Wow that's cool.
Motherkitty knew she was coming and kept it as a surprise. That not like Motherkitty to keep a surprise from me but she kept it.
Thank you all the day has been great.

 
At August 25, 2006 7:20 AM, Blogger MrsGreenThumb said...

Well, I missed wishing Dennis a happy birthday. Hope you had a good day. Enjoy his party.

Give the birthday boy a hug for me.

 
At August 25, 2006 7:24 PM, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

It was fun surprising Dennis on his birthday and as I told your mailwoman, I didn't want to waste 39cents mailing his card, so I just drove it over...Not sure how many miles, but it took 5 1/2 hours of hard riding...But he's worth it. Happy Belated Birthday to Dennis, now that I'm back home.

 
At August 26, 2006 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Mr. Motherkitty!

 
At August 26, 2006 10:33 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

Happy birthday, a little belated, to your hubby, Motherkitty! What a lovely post you've written! Hope you had a wonderful celebration...maybe it'll be an extended one over the weekend :)

 
At August 28, 2006 12:48 AM, Blogger Rosa said...

Awww. sniffle sniffle. Happy happy birthday to the hub!!

 
At August 31, 2006 10:58 AM, Blogger Franny said...

Happy happy birthday!

 
At August 31, 2006 5:49 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

This is late but hope he had a wonderful birthday!!

 
At September 02, 2006 3:30 PM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

What happened to your husband? He was a young fellow with black hair one day, and now in his picture he is older and gray!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home