Saturday, August 12, 2006

You know you're a blog addict when . . .

  • you have more blog friends than 'real life' friends
  • you're blogging in your head before you fall asleep
  • your out-of-town spouse/friend and you converse in your blog's comments
  • you tell your friends and family things like, "I'll ping you and you ping me back," or "Okay, I want to trackback on your last comment"
  • you blog in your head an event that's happening at that very moment
  • you actually take the time to figure out how to set up Active Desktop in Windows just so that you can make your Bloglines MyBlogs page your Windows background and then you actually leave it that way because you like it and you make that your browser home page*
  • all of the visible entries in your browser's links toolbar relate to blogging
*I actually didn't understand this at all. If any of you know what this means, please tell me.

When I woke up Saturday morning I thought I had better post something or my blogfriends would start getting worried about my "absence." In fact, Frannie asked recently in my comments if I was okay. Yeah, I'm okay. In fact, I'm great! I went to therapy on Friday for the last time. That's right. I've been discharged after four months of physical torture therapy. I feel like a human being again. I can actually flex my knee to 115 degrees without breaking a sweat and I'm swimming laps and laps in the pool. I've lost approximately 25 pounds and am working on the next 25.

The only problem I seem to be having lately is a lack of subject matter to blog about. My flowers and tomatoes are looking terrible, so no pretty pictures of flowers, birds, and butterflies; we are doing the same things just about every day; we haven't been anywhere in several weeks (except for granddaughter's birthday party); and there are no plans for any trips.

I enjoyed reading Susie's Sunday blessings today. She spoke about a memorable trip to Disneyland with her grandmother and other family members back when the park first opened. Husband and SIL used to go there when they were youngsters. I have only been to Disney World once back in 1996 when we went to celebrate my aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversery. The entire family attended and we had a great time not only at the anniversary party, but also at Disney World. It was a memorable trip for our immediate family.

Husband's birthday is coming up on August 24 and I'm planning a cookout for the family. We should have a nice time. If any of you are in the neighborhood, stop by for some barbecue and a swim. He just got his Medicare card and is looking forward to an opportunity to use it. I hope it's for something simple and not a knee replacement or something like that.

Hope you enjoy all sorts of blessings during the coming week.

6 Comments:

At August 13, 2006 4:27 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

You, too Motherkitty! And congrats on completing yout PT!

 
At August 13, 2006 5:24 PM, Blogger Alipurr said...

glad you figured out that strike-out thing. good to "hear" from you :)
ha ha

 
At August 13, 2006 5:50 PM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Yes, I was wondering where you were...

I can identify with a few of those blog addict things!

But if we have to have an addict, this one ain't so bad.

How 'bout some stories of you growing up, school, dances, etc.? They say the easiest thing to write about is yourself.

 
At August 13, 2006 7:18 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I really look forward to seeing your site pop up in bloglines! I always enjoy whatever you write about, because I know it gives us yet another opportunity to interact with each other. I'm glad you enjoyed reading about Disneyland. Sandy told me about her trips there with your husband when they were children..
Yay for being done with therapy. You've come so far! And 25# is such an achievement!
Like, Susan, I'd love to hear more stories about your life before blogging...
((hugs))

 
At August 14, 2006 1:24 AM, Blogger MrsGreenThumb said...

Wow, Dennis is officially an AK. I am impressed with your weight loss. Good for you sis. Who would have dreamed about our lives as they are now when we were kids? I thought we would live the same lives as our parents. You are definitely more addicted than me though when it comes to blogging. I enjoy it, the comments are great, but sometimes it's hard to think of a subject. You make it seem so easy. Maybe if I had time to sit in my underware, I could be more creative. :)

 
At August 17, 2006 10:45 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

It's wonderful to hear you're done with the therapy an are feeling so much better. Good for you!!
As for the blog addiction...hmmm, I can really identify with a couple of those. Can't help you with the Myblogs home page thing though..it's ? to me. With an active desktop you can have little programs that keep you updated on things, like news, weather, etc. I think. It's a Windows option.
Swimming every day sounds so wonderful. Wish I could do that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home