Sunday, August 13, 2006

Five things meme

I found this meme on Born Fool's blog. It's a fill-in-the-blank, five things meme. Here are the blank statements followed by my choices.

5 reasons I'm the _________.
5 reasons to wear _________.
5 reasons to _________.
5 reasons to brush _________.
5 reasons to take __________.

Born Fool's a pretty funny fellow and his answers were a hoot. I know I'm not as funny or clever as BF, but I thought I would give this a try.

5 reasons I'm the cook in our family:
1. I know how to crack eggs without getting shells in the bowl.
2. I know how to add just the right amount of spices to anything I cook.
3. I know that my husband doesn't like pasta (but I do) and that's why I make so much of it.
4. I know how to cook anything without giving anyone ptomaine poisoning.
5. I know the number for Pizza Hut delivery.

5 reasons to wear clothes:
1. So nobody has to look at my fat.
2. So I don't get a bad sunburn in awkward places.
3. So I can swim in my pool without the neighbors laughing or calling the police.
4. So you can't see the scars on my body from previous surgeries.
5. So I can look presentable when I'm out in public and you don't have to lose your lunch looking at all my bulges.

5 reasons to get out of bed every day:
1. So I can enjoy nature's beauty.
2. So I can blog and play games on my computer.
3. So I can practice my cooking skills and wear clothes.
4. So I can enjoy my family, friends, and cats.
5. So I can say that I beat death for another day.

5 reasons to brush my cats:
1. So they look real purty.
2. So they don't hack up numerous hair balls all over the house.
3. So I don't have to walk around with a layer of cat hair on my black slacks.
4. So people visiting us don't go into respiratory distress from all the cat hair on my couch.
5. So we don't find the occasional cat hair in our food.

5 reasons to take a break from blogging every now and then:
1. Because there are other things to do than blog all day while sitting at your computer in your underwear.
2. So we don't suffer from brain freeze from trying to think of something new and clever to entertain our blogpals.
3. So we don't come down with carpal tunnel syndrome from typing daily posts.
4. Because we actually need to get out of the house and meet with our "real" friends every now and then.
5. Because too much time spent in front of a computer screen will make you a babbling idiot, cause you to lose your eyesight, give you headaches, and make your skin break out in unsightly blemishes.

I'm not going to tag anyone, but please feel free to play along if you are so inclined.

9 Comments:

At August 13, 2006 4:33 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

Very entertaining, Motherkitty. I love the bit about knowing the number for Pizza Hut!

You have also got me thinking I need to brush the dog more often (do you really brush your cats DAILY? Wow!)

 
At August 13, 2006 5:29 PM, Blogger Alipurr said...

just so you know I read your blog daily....here is a nice comment

love you, mom

p.s. I know the number for Pizza Hut, Domino's & Papa John's. All those years in college really paid off :)

 
At August 13, 2006 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha. There's only one reason I'm the cook in our family--I'm the only one that can cook!

 
At August 14, 2006 8:56 PM, Blogger Franny said...

Excellent point there about the blogging...makes you say Hmmmm...

Though, with 3 small kids, its nearly impossible to spend time with real, in the flesh friends. I know they exist because we IM each other. *sigh*

 
At August 14, 2006 10:38 PM, Blogger TUFFENUF said...

hahahahahaha! I am glad that I am not the only one blogging in my underware!!!!

 
At August 15, 2006 1:18 AM, Blogger Smalltown RN said...

I love your answers as well....I did the 5 reasons as well....check out my blog for my answers....that was fun...thanks....

 
At August 15, 2006 7:47 AM, Blogger Smalltown RN said...

Hey motherkitty

Thanks for visiting qualicumlife2 site. To view the pictures he references all you need to do is click on the title "Whales....they are worth viewing,if you ever heard about Luna the whale. The funny thing with that was, I just read in the paper today that they are making a movie about and it was featured in the paper with a model of the whale.

 
At August 17, 2006 10:27 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

Great answers Motherkitty. I love your sense of humor.
I'm the cook in our family because I'm not crazy about eating PBJ's and cereal for every meal :)
My hubby doesn't like pasta either. Sad, isn't it?
I don't know our closest pizza restaurant's number because he won't eat pizza either! Now that's REALLY sad!

 
At August 23, 2006 6:42 AM, Blogger Trisha said...

Oh my gosh, can't stop laughing. My sides hurt! I especially like your reasons to wear clothes. Too funny!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home